Almost 20 million people in the Northwest are under storm alerts Saturday morning as one to two more inches of snow are expected to fall in Seattle, according to CNN meteorologist Haley Brink.
Earlier this week, Seattle was hit by the first snowstorm, with 2.7 inches blanketing the region - up from the 0.7 inches on average for February.
The National Weather Service says the warning will be in effect from noon Friday to noon Saturday. "I encourage everyone to stay off the roads if possible and plan ahead if you must travel". He said most communities in the foothills can expect a few inches of snow.
Seattle and the surrounding areas are bracing for snow and high winds Friday that are expected to continue into Saturday. The San Juans and the Northern Interior could see one to four inches of snow with wind gusts up to 50 miles per hour. A Winter Storm Warning will be in place from 4pm Friday afternoon through 4am Monday morning for areas above 2500' in the Sierra.
Seattle City Light said it was preparing for the snow and tweeted, "Today's snowfall will cause tree branches to sag and fall, potentially bringing power lines down with them".
If that wasn't enough, there's a possibility of more snow for Seattle Sunday into Monday. Most school districts in the Puget Sound area have already announced early closures.
Another round of snow hit Washington state this week, leaving officials scrambling to get people off the streets and the governor declaring a state of emergency.
The University of Washington in Seattle said it is suspending operations at 12:30 p.m. (3:30 p.m. ET) Friday and all day Saturday.
The Department of Transportation said numerous spinouts were reported on interstates, and Interstate 5 through Seattle was shut down at times for snow removal and because of wrecks.
- Warriors' Durant under pressure to break silence
- Moto G7 plus takes the Geekbench test hours ahead of launch
- Ubisoft address The Division 2's private beta bugs
- UK-built Mars rover named after British scientist Rosalind Franklin
- Five-year-old girl rescued from collapsed building in Turkey
- Apex Legends from EA Games crosses 10 million downloads within 72 hours
- Here’s how Kim Kardashian is feeling about baby No 4
- Challenger bank CEO calls for Bank of England rate cut
- Tulsi Gabbard Officially Kicks Off 2020 Campaign
- Novel pill could replace injections to deliver insulin