In a now-trending tweet, Trump sarcastically referred to the richest man alive as "Jeff Bozo", seemingly alluding to a fictional clown character, which was popular in the United States in 1960s.
Mr Bezos has been a long standing target of the president's, in part because of his ownership of the Washington Post which has been critical of his administration.
Bezos, 55, announced his divorce from wife MacKenzie Bezos on Wednesday, and news of the billionaire's relationship with former television anchor Lauren Sanchez broke. The president baptized Bezos with a nickname, dubbing him "Jeff Bozo".
U.S. President Donald J. Trump delivers the State of the Union address in the chamber of the U.S. House of Representatives January 30, 2018 in Washington, DC.
Trump wished Bezos "luck" on this divorce on Thursday, adding "It's going to be a beauty".
The Post published a bombshell report over the weekend about Trump's meetings with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Trump has also always been critical towards Bezos, who bought the Washington Post a publication the President has attacked for its agenda against his administration in 2013. Trump phoned in to Fox News on Saturday night to dispute the article, saying: "I'm not keeping anything under wraps, I couldn't care less".
The president also has a history of animosity toward Amazon.
- Bugatti Reveals Special Edition Of The Chiron Sport On Its 110th Anniversary
- Popular iOS apps discreetly recording your phone screen
- Jaguar Land Rover posts £3.4bn loss as China demand slips
- Klopp: Aggression needed to answer Liverpool's critics
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20 at Auckland
- Wariness and hope in S. Korea over second Trump-Kim summit
- Z & Roc Nation Come To 21 Savage's Defense Amid ICE-Cold Legal War
- Offset Threatens to Smack Chris Brown, Singer Releases Texts to Offset
- Venezuelans not ‘beggars,’ give humanitarian aid to Colombians — Maduro
- Trump Tipped to Ban Chinese Equipment from U.S. Mobile Networks