It is imperative to include the North's short- and intermediate-range ballistic missiles that have Japan within their shooting range, on top of its intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the USA mainland, in a list of arms subject to dismantling.
The North must immediately disclose its nuclear and missile programs.
In a speech at Stanford University in California last week, Biegun said that he would be aiming in his talks for "a roadmap of negotiations and declarations going forward, and a shared understanding of the desired outcomes of our joint efforts".
While in the US view North Korea has yet to take concrete steps to give up its nuclear weapons, Pyongyang complains that Washington has done little to reciprocate for its freezing of nuclear and missile testing and dismantling of some facilities. He is expected to brief South Korean officials about his visit to North Korea over the weekend.
Palladino said the location of the summit in Vietnam will be disclosed when it's ready for announcement.
DPRK is the acronym of North Korea's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Trump said in his State of the Union address in Washington on Tuesday that he will meet with Kim on February 27 to 28 in Vietnam.
If the second summit fails to produce a breakthrough, skepticism about the current nuclear diplomacy will grow.
He also said Kim Jong-un had previously committed to "the dismantlement and destruction" of all North Korea's plutonium and uranium facilities, which provide the material for nuclear weapons. He may surprise some but he won't surprise me, because I have gotten to know him & fully understand how capable he is.
"North Korea will become a different kind of Rocket - an Economic one!" he said.
Yonhap said Stephen Biegun, the USA special representative for North Korea, landed at a USA air base in Osan, just south of Seoul.
A visitor looks at a map of the Korean peninsula at the DMZ museum inside a restricted area in Goseong, South Korea, Friday, Feb. 8, 2019.
The nation was willing to actively contribute to building peace and stability in the Korean peninsula, she added.
"It may be hard to hold (direct) summit talks (with Trump) due to tight schedules, but through a phone conversation, we will closely coordinate our policies over the issues of nuclear weapons, missiles and abductions, the latter of which is the most important for Japan", Abe told an upper house committee, referring to past abductions of Japanese nationals by Pyongyang.
- Virginia: second woman accuses lieutenant governor of sexual assault
- Onward: Trump’s AG Crosses First Hurdle To Confirmation on Party-Line Vote
- Equine flu crisis: biggest shutdown since foot and mouth hits racing
- Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx Slams Ariana Grande - Fans Supports Ariana
- Acting U.S. attorney general will testify before House panel
- Update Now to Fix Group FaceTime on Your iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Possible MLB rule changes may have little effect on Pirates
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Liam Neeson: 'This Man Is Not' a Bigot
- Trump's diet plan not followed 'religiously'
- Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam 'Must Resign'