ICE is reportedly holding 21 Savage in the state of Georgia for being unlawfully present in the USA and for being a felon.
21 Savage - whose real name is Sha Yaa Bin Abraham-Joseph - was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for allegedly overstaying his visa, although his legal team insist he is being wrongly held.
21 Savage has indeed been getting a lot of support from industry colleagues since his arrest and the latest is from music mogul and icon, Jay Z, who has hired a lawyer to handle his proposed deportation.
"We are working diligently to get Mr. Abraham-Joseph out of detention while we work with authorities to clear up any misunderstanding".
(AllHipHop.com) 21 Savage could be facing imminent deportation to the United Kingdom if emerging reports surrounding his recent arrest turn out to be accurate. Since then, Jay Z, along with Roc Nation, has reportedly hired a lawyer for Savage to help with his case. The rapper since applied for a U visa.
New reports are coming out in regards to the recent arrest of 21 Savage, as now it's been alleged that the rapper was pulled over after driving recklessly on the day in question, where cops found him in possession of a fully loaded Glock. Miguel told TMZ earlier today that 21's arrest is unfortunate but it does shed last on a bigger issue that people who aren't as finally privileged as 21 face.
He was convicted of felony drug charges in 2014 in Fulton County, Georgia. "In addition to being a successful recording artist, 21 deserves to be reunited with his children immediately, #Free21Savage", wrote Jay.
They are calling for his release from custody - citing his strong familial links within America as proof that he is not a flight risk or danger to the community - in order to put put together the defence for his case, which is due to be heard in federal immigration courts.
ICE has claimed that is when he came to the country for the first time at the age of 12. It has reportedly been pending for four years.
- Florida politician resigns over accusations she licked men's faces
- Virginia Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam 'Must Resign'
- Minnesota School Bus Driver Shot In The Head During Snow Storm Traffic
- News The Mazda MX-5 30th Anniversary Is Very Orange, Very Awesome
- Measles breaks out across the Philippines after Dengvaxia vaccine scare
- Russian Federation jails 'extremist' Jehovah's Witness for six years
- Trump Tipped to Ban Chinese Equipment from U.S. Mobile Networks
- Onward: Trump’s AG Crosses First Hurdle To Confirmation on Party-Line Vote
- Trump's diet plan not followed 'religiously'
- NYPD to Google: Stop revealing the location of police checkpoints