Queen Elizabeth II's 97-year-old husband Prince Philip on Saturday surrendered his driving licence after causing a vehicle crash that outraged the media and stirred a debate about old age and driving.
He apologised for his part in an accident on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk when his Land Rover Freelander collided with another vehicle on January 17, leaving two women needing hospital treatment.
The accident left the Duke's auto flipped onto its side, with a witness later telling the Press Association that he helped pull a bloodied Philip from the vehicle.
Further controversy followed when photographs showing the Duke driving without wearing a seatbelt were released.
He was given "suitable words of advice" according to Norfolk Police.
"We review each file carefully before a decision is made and will take this development into account, a spokesperson told The Telegraph, in reference to the license surrender".Читайте также: Sprint sues AT&T over 5G branding
United Kingdom police sent their investigation of the crash to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), which is considering whether to bring charges against Prince Philip over the crash last month.
They also added that the "file for the collision has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service for their consideration".
The incident on January 17 raised questions about whether Prince Philip, who is 97 and retired from royal duties in 2017, should still have been driving.
He also wished her a "speedy recovery" from what he described as a "very distressing experience".
Following the collision, Prince Philip wrote a letter of apology to Emma.
"It will be the queen, she'll be the only one who can really tell him", Ingrid Seward, editor in chief of Majesty Magazine, told British ITV after the crash. I was pleasantly surprised because of the personalised nature.
Fairweather has previously denied that it was sunny on the day of the accident, telling Great Britain's This Morning that she remembered the weather being "miserable and overcast".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- 'We're not into a rebuild,' Oilers fire GM Peter Chiarelli
- Budding deal would give Trump fraction of desired wall money
- UK-built Mars rover named after British scientist Rosalind Franklin
- Challenger bank CEO calls for Bank of England rate cut
- Spurs set to do battle with Warriors Wednesday
- Tiger kills potential mate on first date
- Syrian Democratic Forces announce 'final battle' against Islamic State
- What Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft Before Patriots’ Super Bowl LIII Win
- Newport County vs. Middlesbrough - Football Match Report
- Trump orders flags at half-staff to honor John Dingell