When Manchester United were drawn against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League's round of 16, the reaction was one of panic among United fans, while supports of rival clubs indulged in some schadenfreude.
This will certainly be a setback for Solskjaer but the Man United caretaker boss has yet another reason to be happy after Edinson Cavani picked up what looked to be a hamstring injury during PSG's 1-0 win over Bordeaux.
In many ways, this and the return game could be the audition for the Norwegian boss for the job of the next permanent manager.
"No, I don't have good news", he told Canal Plus.
'I am anxious, but only because we are missing key players.
"Yes, there has been a lot of bad luck - we do not have a second Edi, or Neymar".
"I don't know if he can play". Thomas Tuchel confirmed at the post-match presser that there was indeed a muscle tear, but then we await the seriousness of the injury.
His absence against United would be a big blow for the French champions, with Brazilian star Neymar already sidelined for both legs of the tie by a foot injury. "They need to know how to control and handle the pressure, but without two or three of them, it is up to us to come up with solutions".
Bordeaux held PSG at home when the teams met in December, but they were undone late in the first half here as Nicolas de Preville fouled Thomas Meunier in the box, and Cavani netted from 12 yards.
Italian midfielder Marco Verratti is also doubtful due to injury. "But we're ready for Manchester and I have faith in my players".
Hitting form and finding fortune at the right time of the season is also key as PSG have found to their cost in the case of the world's most expensive player Neymar.
United have made similar mistakes in the six years since Alex Ferguson retired and only now under a former pupil of the Scot in Solskjaer are recovering some of the principles that once made them a dominant force in Europe.
Mario Balotelli and Lucas Ocampos scored as Marseille won 2-1 at Dijon on Friday.
- Cricket West Indies boss slams ICC for 'crippling' Jason Holder ban
- NASA confirms 2018 was officially Earth's fourth hottest year
- Elizabeth Warren Announces Her 2020 Presidential Candidacy
- Seattle SNOWSTORM: Weather warnings as Seattle braced for huge SNOW BOMB
- Trump vows to end HIV spread within 10 years, critics skeptical
- Tulsi Gabbard Officially Kicks Off 2020 Campaign
- Five Children Charged With Killing Tennessee Rock Band Singer Outside His Home
- How to blur the background of your Skype calls
- What Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft Before Patriots’ Super Bowl LIII Win
- Life Sentence For Toronto Serial Killer Bruce McArthur