Even Grammy darling Taylor Swift, whose Reputation is only nominated for best pop vocal album, likely will miss the ceremony because she's in London filming Cats, the flawless icing on this big, dumb cake.
Brandi Carlile, the folk singer nominated for six Grammys including album, song and record of the year, looked to Monae and said: "Girl, I would vote you into presidency".
"As you go on that red carpet, as you take the stage, as you are with your teams and you're dealing with that anxiety and that pressure and you're feeling like you're falling into competition with your fellow women and sisters, know that that's not what this is about. I see you", Monae said.
The Recording Academy has made an effort to diversify its membership amid complaints that the Grammys are not an even playing field for minority and women artists.
Ironically, in their quest to preserve some fabled bastion of old, white credibility, the Grammys have alienated numerous artists who are redefining the future of popular music, critically and commercially.
"I can pull together a performance over night and you know that, Ken", she added.
"It was when my creativity & self expression was stifled by you, that i decided not to attend. i hope the show is exactly what you want it to be and more", she continued.
For a list of the complete nominations, visit the Grammys' site. "I'm especially excited for all the incredible women nominated this year!"
The big name that is expected to not be at the 2019 Grammys is Taylor Swift.
Twitter has been abuzz with news of the public disagreement between Ariana Grande and Grammy producers.
The GRAMMYs have a stacked line up of performers including Cardi B, Travis Scott, and Post Malone, but could it have been even crazier?
Sunday's show will include tributes to Diana Ross, to mark her 75th birthday in March, and to Aretha Franklin, who died last August. "Grammy voters are less concerned with commercial success and more concerned with the work as a whole", she said.
- Microsoft security chief suggests Internet Explorer not suitable as main browser
- VA. LT. Gov. removed from DLGA after 2nd assault accuser comes forward
- Sharma claims record as India cruise past New Zealand
- Duke of Edinburgh gives up driving licence after Sandringham crash
- Monster Hunter World Witcher Crossover Available Now On PS4 And Xbox One
- Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
- Whitaker Cuts off Nadler: 'I See That Your Five Minutes is Up
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Nord Stream 2: European Union agrees tighter rules for Russian pipeline
- Elizabeth Warren Announces Her 2020 Presidential Candidacy