"I thought we were fantastic for the last 80 minutes", he told reporters.
"It's the next (game) so it's the biggest one - the next one is always the biggest one". Since then, the Red Devils are yet to lose a game and they have dropped just 2 points across all competitions thereby proving that Manchester United still have it in them to compete on the biggest stage.
And the Manchester United interim boss has now expressed his delight at seeing the England global sign a new long-term contract with the Red Devils.
Jones has been a regular fixture in the Manchester United team since Solskjaer was brought in as Jose Mourinho's successor at Old Trafford last month.
Pogba endured a hard relationship with former United boss Mourinho and found himself on the bench during the latter stages of the Portuguese's spell at the club.
Those three points pushed United up into the top four for the first time since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's appointment. There's still a long way to go but we want to stay there.
Pogba appeared happy with the result but remained focused on his side's busy schedule ahead. It was a no contest and aside from a bright opening four minutes from the home side, United were seldom troubled. "It's the players who play, it's the staff, how we do things at Carrington, at the training ground, the mood, it's never about one person when the team is winning games".
He signed a new long-term contract and immediately started proving once again how much he enjoys playing for Manchester United. "Paul can do that with his qualities".
The 25-year-old lashed a lethal left-footed finish past Sergio Rico in the first half and converted a 65th-minute penalty to bookend Anthony Martial's fine solo effort in a confident showing three days out from the Champions League clash with Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford. "He came to the dressing room". But like I said there is still a very long way to go and we have big games coming up and it's not going to be easy.
- NASA, SpaceX aim for March test of 1st new astronaut capsule
- Twitter Reveals How Many Daily Active Users It Has
- Cricket West Indies boss slams ICC for 'crippling' Jason Holder ban
- Challenger bank CEO calls for Bank of England rate cut
- Apex Legends from EA Games crosses 10 million downloads within 72 hours
- Spurs set to do battle with Warriors Wednesday
- Budding deal would give Trump fraction of desired wall money
- Elizabeth Warren Announces Her 2020 Presidential Candidacy
- How to blur the background of your Skype calls
- Celtics interested in Enes Kanter if he is bought out