Daryl Mitchell was dismissed in controversial circumstances during the India vs New Zealand second T20I. The series is level at 1-1 and gives India a historic chance to win a T20 series against New Zealand in their own backyard. Krunal Pandya was the man of the match for his 3/28. Kane Williamson and Colin Munro tucked into Khaleel and two fours to Williamson off Hardik Pandya took New Zealand to 40/1 after five.
India performed well with the ball after New Zealand won the toss and opted to bat, taking early wickets then restricting the Black Caps with some tight bowling to close the innings.
His 50 - part of a 79-run opening stand with Shikhar Dhawan - included four sixes and three fours off 28 balls. "India should look at attacking New Zealand with two regular spinners - Kuldeep (Yadav) and (Yuzvendra) Chahal - in the upcoming matches", said Kumble.
De Grandhomme miscued the ball straight to Rohit Sharma after reaching the milestone, ending a 77-run partnership with Ross Taylor which was the highlight of the New Zealand innings. A terrific direct hit from the deep by Vijay Shankar ran out Taylor for 42 off the last ball of the 19th over to add to India's excellent effort in the field.
India's Rohit Sharma plays a shot during the second Twenty20 global cricket match between New Zealand and India in Auckland on 8 February 2019.
"As a team, we have been good at chasing down targets which is why we play with eight batsmen". Williamson hasn't scored many runs.
"That doesn't happen every day but hopefully we can keep making strides in that direction", he said.
"We learned from our mistakes and we got the reward for it".
Both New Zealand and India named unchanged teams for the fixture, with the tourists fielding eight specialist batsmen in order to exploit Eden Park's short boundaries. However, his captaincy and positive attitude have impressed one and all.
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Tiger kills potential mate on first date
- Whittaker out of UFC 234 due to hernia surgery
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reacts to 26-year-old’s new Man United contract
- 'We're not into a rebuild,' Oilers fire GM Peter Chiarelli
- Twitter Reveals How Many Daily Active Users It Has
- Trump vows to end HIV spread within 10 years, critics skeptical
- Whitaker Cuts off Nadler: 'I See That Your Five Minutes is Up
- Syrian Democratic Forces announce 'final battle' against Islamic State
- UK-built Mars rover named after British scientist Rosalind Franklin