Her late ex-boyfriend Mac Miller tragically died a year ago from an accidental overdose.
Watch her speech below!
Ariana then tweeted, "nothing to do w [Cardi]. good for her. i promise. i'm sorry".
She also tweeted "f**k" right before her "trash" comment and followed with a third tweet saying "literal bulls**t".
Grande's late ex-boyfriend, Mac Miller, was posthumously nominated in the same category for his final album "Swimming."
Cardi and Offset, who share daughter Kulture, split late past year, but recently reconciled.
Cardi also thanked her husband, Offset.
According to PEOPLE, Ms Grande was annoyed that the Grammys had invited Miller's parents to the ceremony and didn't give him the award.
Ariana herself was a victor on the night, with her album Sweetener being named Best Pop Vocal Album.
See more of ET's GRAMMYs coverage, below.
Cardi later touched the stage to deliver on a sensual performance of her "Money" single. The couple, who broke up in December, showed PDA on the carpet, kissing and smiling as they posed for photographers.
- Possible wintry mix may bring snow, sleet, rain on Tuesday
- Grammy weekend kicks off with honor for Dolly Parton
- Eurovision 2019: Michael Rice says he can ‘definitely’ win in Tel Aviv
- Sergio Aguero becomes Manchester City's all-time record league goalscorer
- ‘Aladdin’ trailer shows first glimpse of Will Smith’s Genie
- Microsoft security chief suggests Internet Explorer not suitable as main browser
- Manchester United under Jose Mourinho were 'laughing stock' - Phil Jones
- Storm Erik leaves some homes & businesses in Donegal without power
- Rajinikanth dances at daughter Soundarya's sangeet
- Sharma claims record as India cruise past New Zealand