The player was missing for over two weeks after his aircraft lost signal over the Channel Islands on January 21.
In a statement, the Air Accidents Investigation Branch said on Wednesday that poor weather conditions led to a "difficult decision was taken to bring the overall operation to a close".
The Argentine star was confirmed dead after a body pulled from his ill-fated plane was identified as his on Friday, February 8, by investigators.
In launching the page, Ibbotson's family wrote: "Please help bring David Ibbotson home and help give him the send off he deserves".
"They'll all be reflecting on what's happened and your family is more important than football isn't it?"
Neil Warnock has abandoned plans for Cardiff to take a mid-season break so that he and his players can reflect on the Emiliano Sala tragedy in privacy with their families.
Cardiff supporters wore daffodils and sang his name throughout the game, which they won 2-1 thanks to a last-gasp victor from Kenneth Zohore.
Two Southampton fans have been detained by police after apparently mocking the death of Cardiff City footballer Emiliano Sala, during a match between the two teams on Saturday.
"The club will continue to work with Hampshire Police to identify any individuals deemed to have made indecent gestures towards Cardiff supporters", the club added, according to Agence France-Presse.
Following Southampton's 2-1 defeat, the club said they were taking "an extremely firm stance" over the incident, which took place during the game.
The family of the 60-year-old pilot launched the appeal to search for his remains following the recovery of footballer Emiliano Sala's body on Thursday.
- Freezing rain in the forecast
- Microsoft security chief suggests Internet Explorer not suitable as main browser
- ‘Aladdin’ trailer shows first glimpse of Will Smith’s Genie
- IHOP celebrates National Pizza Day with the 'Pancizza'
- Mosque shooter gets life, no parole for 40 years in Canada
- Sharma claims record as India cruise past New Zealand
- ANTHEM Launch Trailer Tries Its Best to Get the Hype Going
- Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
- Eurovision 2019: Michael Rice says he can ‘definitely’ win in Tel Aviv
- Storm Erik leaves some homes & businesses in Donegal without power