The next system will arrive around midday Monday, dumping a quick 1-4 inches around Seattle and the South Sound before likely changing to rain.
About 50,000 residents are said to have lost power across the state, USA media report.
Winter storm with significant snow, freezing rain, and strong winds threatening Tuesday.
The large group of people participated in a public snowball fight on Saturday at Wright Park in Tacoma, Washington. They took cover behind picnic tables and used sleds as shields.
It was 9 degrees Fahrenheit in Arlington, Washington early on Sunday.
Cars and a bus make their way in the snow on Capitol Way, Friday, Feb. 8, 2019, in Olympia, Wash. The heaviest snow totals are expected along the Lake Michigan shore line and along I-94. Airports in eastern Washington closed, and numerous vehicle crashes were reported. Hazardous travel expected during this time frame! Tonight our next storm system brings snow to the area overnight.
About 180 people spent the night at an emergency shelter set up at Seattle Center, with officials going out again on February 9 to get other homeless residents to safety.
The surprise storm caught the entire state of Washington off guard.
Many businesses and schools closed early, as well, so workers could get home. Residents of Hawaii were bracing for coastal flooding amid extreme surf predictions. Hawaii News Now reported that the surf was forecast to top out at 60 feet (18 metres) on Sunday. (Blue). Quiet during the day Monday, but snow will return Monday night (probably after Midnight).
The next storm will approach the region by the end of the week.
-Winter Weather Advisory. until Noon Monday for Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Ocean, and Salem counties.
It could warm up enough to bring only rain, with no freezing rain or sleet, according to the National Weather Service.
- ‘Aladdin’ trailer shows first glimpse of Will Smith’s Genie
- Grammy weekend kicks off with honor for Dolly Parton
- Emiliano Sala: Nantes players wear black shirts in tribute to teammate
- Michelle Obama steals the show with surprise Grammys appearance
- Freezing rain in the forecast
- BTS Opens Up About Their First Grammys: 'It's a Dream Come True'
- Brexit: More votes promised as Labour says May running down the clock
- Google Maps AR navigation is now being trialed by select users
- Adesanya wins his biggest fight yet
- Brad Pitt shows up at Jennifer Aniston's birthday bash