And the Huddersfield fans finally had reason to celebrate after four games without a goal as Kolasinac turned into his own net in the 93rd minute, while Leno then saved from Juninho Bacuna to protect Arsenal's victory.
Grant, whose 14 goals for Charlton in Sky Bet League One secured his ticket to the big time, revealed he was an Arsenal fan. Chelsea played Manchester City and the gap to Manchester United is one point, so everything is possible.
"This is where everyone wants to be isn't it?"
- Huddersfield are the first side to lose seven consecutive home Premier League games since Wolverhampton Wanderers in April 2012 (a run of nine).
"It's every kid's dream".
Huddersfield's first-choice goalkeeper, Jonas Lössl, had talked defiantly on the eve of this game about staging a sensational late escape from relegation, reckoning that a haul of around 24 points from their remaining 13 matches would see the Yorkshire club reach safety.
But their display was full of enterprise and Grant said nobody in Jan Siewert's squad was feeling sorry for themselves.
"(Against Arsenal) we lost 2-1, but we showed great character. "I will keep working and trying to do my best for the team".
Arsenal's 2-1 triumph at Huddersfield was their fifth away Premier League win of the season - having won four in the whole of the last campaign - but the manner of victory suggested much improvement is still needed.
"At the moment there is one point difference between United and us. But I know it's easier on the bench than on the pitch".
"I just think Emery is really struggling to find a solution to his defensive problem, especially with his side's injury issues - although Shkodran Mustafi should be fit after limping off against City". It is my personality. If I am here, it is because in my career I progressed like that.
- Sergio Aguero becomes Manchester City's all-time record league goalscorer
- Cardi B Performs ‘Money’ at Grammys
- Jamie Vardy sees penalty saved with his first touch against Spurs
- Trump supporters form human wall at southern border
- Brad Pitt shows up at Jennifer Aniston's birthday bash
- Google Maps AR navigation is now being trialed by select users
- Emiliano Sala: Nantes players wear black shirts in tribute to teammate
- Adesanya wins his biggest fight yet
- Manchester United under Jose Mourinho were 'laughing stock' - Phil Jones
- Possible wintry mix may bring snow, sleet, rain on Tuesday