Then, and potentially far more damagingly, in an interview with Sky Italia in his native tongue, the tactician boldly proclaimed: "If the president [Abramovich] calls, I'll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him". "You have to ask the club". Instead, the manager arrived quickly for his post-match press conference and left fewer than four minutes later, admitting that he was "worried" about his Chelsea side and adding that his job is "always at risk".
Just as Leicester pressed for an equalizer, Son Heung-min scored a breakaway goal, racing clear from the halfway line and converting his 15th of the campaign in the first minute of stoppage time.
"I am anxious about our performances, not about the club".
Puel is no longer the favourite to be the next manager sacked in the Premier League, with the 6-0 trouncing of Chelsea taking Maurizio Sarri to the no.1 spot - as per Oddschecker - in the race to be shown the exit door. At the beginning [of the season] it worked. Taking nothing away from Man City though, this was their best work of the campaign and could be a vital moment in the title race. "Now we are playing better at home than away".
The prolific Argentinian joined Alan Shearer on 11 Premier League trebles as the champions returned to their ruthless best in a one-sided encounter at the Etihad Stadium.
'To be honest, I don't know what to expect.
"The knives are out for the fella at the moment but it's up to him now to get the players to rally round".
Sarri has frequently identified a poor mentality for Chelsea's worst performances this season, but he claimed that attitude was not the root of his players' problems against City. I said if he felt good he could take it.
"Bookmakers are not always right for starters, so I wouldn't get excited about that".
They have also conceded four goals in consecutive away top-flight matches for the first time since December 1990, having lost 4-0 at Bournemouth just two weeks ago. Silva just can not engineer a turnaround of form and he will be disappointed to see his side out fought yet again by a side they should really be looking to beat comfortably if they are to achieve a return to European football.
- ‘Aladdin’ trailer shows first glimpse of Will Smith’s Genie
- Venezuela's military is 90% against Maduro, claims defecting colonel
- Google Maps AR navigation is now being trialed by select users
- Cardi B Performs ‘Money’ at Grammys
- Refugee footballer freed after Bahrain drops extradition
- Inside Stormi Webster's Out of This World 1st Birthday Party
- Jamie Vardy sees penalty saved with his first touch against Spurs
- Grammy weekend kicks off with honor for Dolly Parton
- Possible wintry mix may bring snow, sleet, rain on Tuesday
- Mosque shooter gets life, no parole for 40 years in Canada