Sunday night: Cloudy with snow possible after midnight, mainly from NYC and points south. Snow showers are expected to be heavy at times and will continue into the evening.
Sunday: Sunny in the morning, then some afternoon clouds.
Driving conditions could be hard for your Monday morning commute as areas north of Baltimore could see several inches of snow.
The daytime high should reach 32 degrees before temperatures drop 4 degrees at night, the weather service said. The weather service said that was colder than the Arctic coast or North Slope of Alaska.
Then comes the more significant storm on Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Around 50,000 people lost power.
Parts of Seattle were in a complete whiteout on Friday, with one resident captured on camera taking his own selfie against the solid wall of white.
Autumn Sang was at a mobbed grocery store in Tualatin, Oregon, on Friday stocking up for the coming storm for herself and her neighbor, who is disabled and doesn't have a auto.
Many businesses and schools closed early, as well, so workers could get home. Even though we won't be down to freezing in DC, a little sleet on the roads could still cause some slippery spots overnight and early Monday morning. She grew up in southern OR, where snow is more common, and wasn't fazed by the forecast. This view looks south from Northeast 160th Street. The threat for icing with this system will be significantly lower compared to our last storm system, as the temperature profile aloft will not support much accumulation. Severe snow drifts shut down Interstate 90 and other roads in central Washington. Scores of flights were cancelled or delayed at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
The best chance for seeing enough freezing rain to create a glaze of ice is across northern and western Virginia, where a winter weather advisory is in effect into Monday morning.
- BTS Opens Up About Their First Grammys: 'It's a Dream Come True'
- High-stakes US-China trade talks resume as deadline approaches
- Storm Erik leaves some homes & businesses in Donegal without power
- Sharma claims record as India cruise past New Zealand
- 'We're not into a rebuild,' Oilers fire GM Peter Chiarelli
- Microsoft security chief suggests Internet Explorer not suitable as main browser
- Gaga wins Grammy for 'Shallow'; Hugh Jackman wins 1st Grammy
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reacts to 26-year-old’s new Man United contract
- Sergio Aguero becomes Manchester City's all-time record league goalscorer
- Syrian Democratic Forces announce 'final battle' against Islamic State