The only show to draw better numbers all night on broadcast TV was "America's Got Talent".
However, for those die-hard fans that simply need to watch the gridiron during the weekend, the Alliance of American Football is kicking off this weekend on Saturday night.
Quarterback Mike Bercovici, who played collegiately at Arizona State and spent a short amount of time on the Cardinals' practice squad, was lit up by a defender. So he's been with the team since before its players arrived. They return home after two road games to play the Hotshots and Orlando Apollos, then they will travel to San Diego, come back for a three-game home stand against the Express, Commanders and Fleet, before splitting the next two games, ending their first season with a home bout against the Commanders once again.
For one thing, whatever they're paying Steve Spurrier, it isn't enough.
"I made up my mind I was going to call the ball plays", Spurrier said postgame about his first down play call.
Ebersol told Fox Business that the AAF plans to roll out new features that will reward users for guessing the correct play or outcome, with points that can be exchanged for cash prizes and other perks. But with only one exhibition game in the books, it's anyone's guess what the outcome of this match-up will be.
Salt Lake Stallions at Arizona Hotshots8 p.m. ET on NFL Network - Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.
Startup professional football leagues have a tendency to fade out as they struggle to maintain fan interest for a long period. But if you weren't sure who to root for, we might be able to help. Still, if the idea is that competition leads to better quality, more football leads to enhanced competition leads to, in theory, an improved product.
"I think the rain deterred the crowd a little bit", said a grinning Spurrier. "But 20,000 is pretty good". He later played professionally for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1976.
He led Florida to a national championship in 1996, left the Gators five years later to coach the Washington Redskins for two seasons, then ended a long college career when he walked away from a decade-long stay at SC six games into the 2015 season.
With only eight teams in the AAF there's a lot of pressure to get off to a good start.
- Novel pill could replace injections to deliver insulin
- Tripura | ‘Mahamilawatwalas’ in Olympic competition to abuse me: PM Modi
- Nord Stream 2: European Union agrees tighter rules for Russian pipeline
- Twitter Reveals How Many Daily Active Users It Has
- Whittaker out of UFC 234 due to hernia surgery
- Sharma claims record as India cruise past New Zealand
- Syrian Democratic Forces announce 'final battle' against Islamic State
- Eurovision 2019: Michael Rice says he can ‘definitely’ win in Tel Aviv
- ANTHEM Launch Trailer Tries Its Best to Get the Hype Going
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott celebrated their daughter Stormi by doing this