And that's because Rick Barnes' team has been rolling since losing a neutral-court game to Kansas the day after Thanksgiving, and I'm simply not going to drop a team that's now on an 18-game winning streak featuring a victory over the Gonzaga team ranked second (that beat the Duke team ranked third).
But since then, Duke has only hit 10 or more 3-pointers in four other games prior to Saturday at Virginia.
Also in attendance at John Paul Jones Arena was former Duke star Grant Hill.
Williamson hit his only three, while R.J. Barrett and Cam Reddish scorched the nets, hitting 6-of-10 and 5-of-8 shots from deep respectively. The 7-foot-1 redshirt sophomore made a three-pointer and delivered a pass into a tight window to Braxton Key for a layup that trimmed the deficit to 54-49 with 12:19 to play. Both these teams were terrible from 3-point range the first time around. Jones added two free throws not long after, and Duke led 59-49. "Not one guy, but they kind of took turns doing it, like a counterpunch". The Blue Devils are 35th in scoring defense and 18th in tempo.
Duke played that game without Jones, who sat with a shoulder injury.
"Keep in mind that Duke is the best shot-blocking team and second-best stealing team in college basketball". Reddish was still able to help the team with six rebounds, six assists, five steals, and a block. The junior was unavailable for the February 2 game against Miami, the first time he has sat out in his career - a span of 89 games. He'd prefer to avoid a reminder, but he and his Virginia teammates will have to try Monday night at North Carolina to elude a skid. "So we've practiced it a lot more".
"We knew we were capable of shooting", Reddish said. Purdue 13. Villanova 14.
It's unclear, according to Bennett, whether Diakite will be available against the Tar Heels.
No. 17 Florida State had the biggest jump in this week's poll, climbing five spots after beating Syracuse and Louisville, which remained at No. 16 despite the loss. "He was playing really well". That season, Duke went undefeated on the road in ACC play on its way to a 13-3 league record...
- Manchester United under Jose Mourinho were 'laughing stock' - Phil Jones
- Trump supporters form human wall at southern border
- Kyler Murray Announces He’s Choosing The NFL Over Baseball
- Cardi B Performs ‘Money’ at Grammys
- Two Palestinian teens killed at border with Gaza
- Brad Pitt shows up at Jennifer Aniston's birthday bash
- Michelle Obama steals the show with surprise Grammys appearance
- Grammys 2019: Joy Villa dresses as Trump's border wall on red carpet
- Heavy Snow Expected in Central Iowa Later Monday
- Jamie Vardy sees penalty saved with his first touch against Spurs