The company was charged in 2015 with bribing Libyan officials between 2001 and 2011 in exchange for construction contracts.
Jody Wilson-Raybould, the former justice minister at the centre of claims that the Prime Minister's Office pressured her to help Quebec-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin avoid criminal prosecution, has resigned from cabinet. "She confirmed for me a conversation we had this Fall where i told her directly that any decisions on matters regarding public prosecutions were here own", said Justin Trudeau. "I only wish that I could have served you longer", she writes. "I also am seeking answers that will clear the air regarding exactly what happened here, and, because I was raised to believe that full transparency is always the best approach to addressing such uncertainty, I believe that a full and transparent investigation is necessary to ensure that my constituents, and all Canadians, can be confident in (the) veracity of those answers", he said in a statement.
Since Thursday, Wilson-Raybould has refused to comment on the allegations, citing solicitor-client privilege.
In a letter published on her website, Wilson-Raybould thanked the residents of Vancouver-Graniville, while stating that her resignation as Minister of the Crown "in no way changes my commitment to seeing" her goal of "implementing a positive and progressive version of change on behalf of all Canadians".
This renewed calls for the House of Commons Justice Committee to conduct a study on the matter.
Trudeau wouldn't commit to that on Monday, and instead told reporters he has asked his new attorney general, David Lametti, to review that option and report back.
Ms Wilson-Raybould was shuffled out of the justice portfolio last month and into veteran's affairs, a move widely seen as a demotion.
"I respect her view that due to privilege she can not comment or add on matters recently before the media", Trudeau said at the time.
For the details of Trudeau's involvement in tampering with the SNC-Lavalin case, however, all Scheer has to go on is an anonymously-sourced report in the Globe and Mail.
- Juventus make Ramsey the highest-paid British player in history
- Katy Perry ‘Blackface’ Shoes Pulled From Stores
- Gordon Banks, England World Cup winning goalkeeper, dies at age 81
- IMMIGRATION INSANITY: Gov. Newsom to Order California National Guard WITHDRAWAL from Border
- Durban rescuers dig trench to save newborn stuck in a drain
- Chilling moment woman abducted by two men in Miami
- Pete Buttigieg endorses Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez-style Green New Deal
- United Kingdom signs Swiss trade deal as heat grows on Liam Fox
- Fitbit releasing a new model smart bracelet
- Trump supporters form human wall at southern border