The recently released joint resolution set out a framework for what a "Green New Deal" would include in order to reframe the United States economy and shift the country away from fossil fuels, with an eye to combating climate change.
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's "Green New Deal" has been receiving a lot of attention since she released the contents of the deal last week.
He said Ocasio-Cortez does not support some of the more outlandish left-wing proposals, which were saved before they were taken off her website. Ed Markey's (D-MA) so-called Green New Deal to the moon landing. Co-sponsors in the Senate include 2020 contenders such as California Senator Kamala Harris, New Jersey Senator Corey Booker, New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren.
The billionaire businessman and a proud climate change skeptic stopped short of traditionally branding it the "worst deal" ever, but he apparently believes spending trillions to fully transform and rebuild the USA economy would be a waste that'd undermine America's competitive advantage on the world stage. He said climate change is a "national emergency", but stopped short of calling it a swift end all, be all of manufacturing practices in the United States, as many opposed to it have painted it to be. Global warming is a threat to the planet. "I would say it's a favorable act", one student said succinctly.
At least six Democrats running for president have backed the proposal.
It also moves climate change into the spotlight as the US heads toward the 2020 presidential election.
May Boeve, 350.org's executive director, called it "a critical opportunity to stand up to fossil fuel billionaires while kickstarting a just transition to renewable energy and creating millions of family-sustaining jobs", and added that "for too long, we've seen legislative action fail to live up to the scale and scope of the climate crisis".
Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," Chris Murphy (D-CT) compared Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) and Sen.
- College Basketball AP Poll: Tennessee Remains At No. 1, Ahead Of Duke
- Google Maps AR navigation is now being trialed by select users
- Michelle Obama steals the show with surprise Grammys appearance
- Ariana Grande Admits How 'SNL' Star Pete Davidson Affected 'Thank U, Next'
- Brexit: More votes promised as Labour says May running down the clock
- Cardi B Performs ‘Money’ at Grammys
- Grammys 2019: Joy Villa dresses as Trump's border wall on red carpet
- French 'yellow vest' protester loses fingers in violent unrest
- Rajinikanth dances at daughter Soundarya's sangeet
- Emiliano Sala: Nantes players wear black shirts in tribute to teammate