Meghan Markle sent the five-page letter to her father in August 2018 after it emerged he had been paid by photographers to stage images ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry. "Your actions have broken my heart into a million pieces-not simply because you have manufactured such unnecessary and unwarranted pain, but by making the choice to not tell the truth as you are puppeteered in this".
Palace aides are understood to be considering whether to take a stand over the very public family disclosures, taking legal advice before the Duchess decides whether she wishes to take formal action. He's never called; he's never texted. "I love you, and I'm scared.' It was endless". I love you, I have one father.
According to the letter attributed to Markle, the royal refutes some other specific claims he's made, writing, "You've told the press that you called me to say you weren't coming to the wedding - that didn't happen because you never called". "I was so devastated I couldn't show it to anyone and never would have had it not been for the events of last week".
Meghan begged her father to "stop creating so much pain".
In this week's cover story of People, a former co-star dished on Markle's "team player" attitude and revealed that she enjoys boosting the moods of her staff at Kensington Palace. "I realise you are so far down this rabbit hole that you feel (or may feel) there's no way out, but if you take a moment to pause I think you'll see that being able to live with a clear conscience is more valuable than any payment in the world".
On Sunday, the Daily Mail published excerpts of a letter the Duchess of Sussex allegedly sent to her father, gently condemning his behavior and asking that he stop trashing her to news outlets. He says, 'When I opened the letter I was hoping it was the olive branch I'd longed for, ' he said last night.
Taking the family row to a whole new level, she tells Daily Star Online: "If pointing out that she is nothing like Diana breaks her heart, too bad it's true". However, he denied Meghan Markle's claims that he hadn't tried to reach her and showed the publication texts to prove that he has tried to contact Meghan Markle and his son-in-law.
- Leno frustrated as Arsenal wait for first away clean sheet goes on
- Phil Mickelson praises Paul Casey after sealing Pebble Beach win
- Two Palestinian teens killed at border with Gaza
- Jamie Vardy sees penalty saved with his first touch against Spurs
- Juventus make Ramsey the highest-paid British player in history
- French 'yellow vest' protester loses fingers in violent unrest
- Northam: I’m Not Resigning Because Virginia Needs a Doctor
- Manchester United under Jose Mourinho were 'laughing stock' - Phil Jones
- New Horizons Images Show Ultima Thule May Actually Be More 'Pancake'-Shaped
- Iran's Islamic Revolution Meant "40 Years Of Failure": Trump Advisor