"They beat us at Stamford Bridge and against Napoli [Sarri's old club] last season they were tight games - in moments of those games, they were better than us".
Bernardo Silva believes Manchester City's confidence is soaring thanks to their knack of scoring early goals.
The one advantage City does have in their race for the Premier League title is their squad depth.
But if that confidence in Sarri isn't there, then they would surely be better looking for a manager with a track record of developing young players. Danilo and Oleksandr Zinchenko will have to play crucial minutes at outside back with Benjamin Mendy out on injury, and their ability to not only defend effectively but attack from wide positions will be essential to City's success.
Hazard has been at Chelsea since joining them from Lille in 2012.
"Of course it is better if they lose some points. but I think all of us, not only the manager, but all of the players, have been saying to focus on our job", he told United Kingdom media. It's not so much about how well you play, it's getting the three points.
The Europa League takes on added significance for Sarri, as the club could very well miss out on the Champions League qualification via the Premier League for a second year running, but Europe's secondary competition could provide a backdoor to the competition.
The west Londoners return to action for the first time since their 6-0 thrashing at the Etihad on Sunday when they hit the road to face Malmo in the Europa League on Thursday.
- See Klobuchar launch 2020 presidential bid in most Minnesota way imaginable
- Lil Wayne Sides With Nicki Minaj In BET Boycott "I’m With You"
- China trade talks resume this week in Beijing
- Activision Blizzard set to layoff hundreds of employees
- Reasons Why Apex Legends Might Be The New Fortnite
- Fitbit releasing a new model smart bracelet
- A Look At Vaccinations In N.H., As Measles Cases Spike Elsewhere
- Seoul preps bid to co-host 2032 Summer Olympics with North Korea
- Newborn baby discovered lying on road in near-freezing temperatures
- Why Russia Is About To Switch Off The Internet