The man, known only as A. Campbell on his giant check, wore the mask made popular by the 1996 movie "Scream" when he signed for the winning jackpot prize on February 5 in Kingston, Jamaica.
The person in the mask was only identified as "A. Campbell" and claimed the $158,400,000 prize which amounts to nearly $1.2 million in U.S. dollars.
Jamaican law states that lottery winners have to pick up their winning check in person, in front of cameras, leading to several recent winners donning masks in a bid to keep their identities secret.
He was the 17th victor of the Super Lotto from Jamaica.
Following his win, Campbell reportedly told The Star: "I want to get a nice house".
Campbell said his head hurt and his belly ached for two weeks, wondering if it was true.
It may have taken Campbell awhile to collect the prize, but at least it gave him time to think about how he wants to spend it.
He only did so after lottery officials urged the unknown victor to come forward before the strict 90-day deadline passed.
Campbell said his life has been "a struggle" but hopes that will change with the winnings. I don't beg, I don't borrow.
Viral pictures from the event show him shaking hands with lottery executives and receiving an enormous cheque while wearing the mask. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment.
"I like to handle money", he said.
The company behind the lottery, Supreme Ventures, says it helps winners to disguise themselves if they ask to.
- Why Are People Criticizing Jennifer Lopez's Motown Tribute at the 2019 Grammys?
- Activision Blizzard set to layoff hundreds of employees
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- PSG boss Tuchel surprised by Man Utd treatment of Di Maria
- Black panther: Rare animal caught on camera in Kenya
- Juventus eager to lure Liverpool's Salah to Turin
- Man Utd boss Solskjaer: PSG experience (& Kimpembe not seeing red) was difference
- Ellen DeGeneres shaves Julian Edelman’s beard for a good cause
- Acting US secretary of defense pays unannounced visit to Afghanistan
- WARREN UNHINGED: Sen. Warren Suggests Trump GOING TO PRISON Before 2020 Election