The man, known only as A. Campbell on his giant check, wore the mask made popular by the 1996 movie "Scream" when he signed for the winning jackpot prize on February 5 in Kingston, Jamaica.
The person in the mask was only identified as "A. Campbell" and claimed the $158,400,000 prize which amounts to nearly $1.2 million in U.S. dollars.
Jamaican law states that lottery winners have to pick up their winning check in person, in front of cameras, leading to several recent winners donning masks in a bid to keep their identities secret.
He was the 17th victor of the Super Lotto from Jamaica.
Following his win, Campbell reportedly told The Star: "I want to get a nice house".
Campbell said his head hurt and his belly ached for two weeks, wondering if it was true.
It may have taken Campbell awhile to collect the prize, but at least it gave him time to think about how he wants to spend it.
He only did so after lottery officials urged the unknown victor to come forward before the strict 90-day deadline passed.
Campbell said his life has been "a struggle" but hopes that will change with the winnings. I don't beg, I don't borrow.
Viral pictures from the event show him shaking hands with lottery executives and receiving an enormous cheque while wearing the mask. I have a little business, so I plan to make it bigger, buy an apartment.
"I like to handle money", he said.
The company behind the lottery, Supreme Ventures, says it helps winners to disguise themselves if they ask to.
- Seoul preps bid to co-host 2032 Summer Olympics with North Korea
- Newborn baby discovered lying on road in near-freezing temperatures
- PSG boss Tuchel surprised by Man Utd treatment of Di Maria
- Derryn Hinch to vote with Labor and pass refugee medical transfer bill
- Steelers’ Antonio Brown tweets it’s ‘time to move on’
- Ravens agree to trade Joe Flacco to Broncos
- Why Russia Is About To Switch Off The Internet
- Juventus eager to lure Liverpool's Salah to Turin
- Ryan Wilson to miss remainder of Six Nations with knee injury
- Reasons Why Apex Legends Might Be The New Fortnite