Following Alexis Sanchez's ineffective display in Manchester United's loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made a big admission on the Chilean's form.
Old Trafford instead became a stage for Kylian Mbappe to shine in tandem with Angel Di Maria, who relished the revenge mission on his return to his former club. They had 10 shots at goal but only one was on target (green arrow in right-hand graphic) which came from Marcus Rashford after eight minutes. "It's a magical evening, it's ideal", he said. "It was a nice comeback for him". "Maybe he was a bit nervous and a bit overused because he plays all the time for us".
Without two of its usual front three, the French league leaders commanded the midfield instead, with Marco Verratti often the orchestrator.
He said: "We weren't at the level. We needed time to adapt".
"I can't do anything about Alexis Sanchez", he said, according to the Mirror. "The players are disappointed but I also think they know we need to step up our level to get to the level we want to get to".
Solskjaer is capable of transforming the fortunes of players - just look at Pogba.
Manchester United fans spoke out on the tram after the game, with one suggesting he had played poorly because of the French media.
People have said Solskjaer has enjoyed the rub of the green in his first few weeks in charge - but he was very unlucky there.
For starters, Solskjaer was managing Cardiff at the time, left and went back to Molde for a second spell before being "loaned" to his beloved United as interim boss until the end of the season.
But ultimately United did not have an answer when PSG raised their game.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's reign saw its first bump in the road, with a lacklustre performance from his players condemning Manchester United to a first defeat in 2019.
I would say a maximum of two - Pogba and David de Gea - which tells you how far United are away from mounting a serious challenge in the Champions League.
The second leg in Paris is on March 6.
- Seoul preps bid to co-host 2032 Summer Olympics with North Korea
- Reasons Why Apex Legends Might Be The New Fortnite
- Steelers’ Antonio Brown tweets it’s ‘time to move on’
- Why Russia Is About To Switch Off The Internet
- England kicking game is the way to go, says Jones
- Acting US secretary of defense pays unannounced visit to Afghanistan
- A Look At Vaccinations In N.H., As Measles Cases Spike Elsewhere
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- Mexico's 'El Chapo,' notorious cartel boss, convicted in United States trial
- Activision Blizzard set to layoff hundreds of employees