"I think he will be watching results", Scholes said when asked about Mourinho.
"The pundits can say what they want, I have never really understood why players and managers take notice of what pundits say anyway".
"I want my team to be aggressive and focused on winning first and foremost".
A complication was Scholes' involvement in non-league Salford City, where he is a co-owner along with fellow former United stars David Beckham, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville and Gary Neville. "When I'm not quite sure what to do I'll be looking to them for advice".
Scholes was cleared to take the role after the EFL held a board meeting to ascertain whether there would be a conflict of interest as he owns a 10 per cent stake in National League club Salford.
"I know it wasn't what he thought he was going to do when he was a player".
"I just feel ready".
The Latics are now 14th in English football's third tier, but they will be targeting a strong end to the 2018-19 campaign ahead of a possible promotion bid next season. "That might be out of reach this year but certainly next season".
With rules in place to prevent a person holding roles with two clubs at the same time, it was confirmed on Friday afternoon that the former English midfielder had been given the necessary consent to manage the club he famously supported as a boy.
"That's not my target at the moment, my target at the minute is to beat Yeovil tomorrow night", he said.
"You need to have contacts when you're down at this level".
"We want those times back again, of course we do, but it's a long way to go".
- England kicking game is the way to go, says Jones
- Bernardo Silva: Early goals adds to Manchester City’s confidence
- Illegal Alien Confesses to Murder of New York Woman: 'We Are Devastated'
- Rain, hail delays final round at Pebble Beach
- Acting US secretary of defense pays unannounced visit to Afghanistan
- Newborn baby discovered lying on road in near-freezing temperatures
- A Look At Vaccinations In N.H., As Measles Cases Spike Elsewhere
- Mayweather Has Confirmed He's Organised Tenshin Nasukawa's Next Fight
- Man Utd boss Solskjaer: PSG experience (& Kimpembe not seeing red) was difference
- Black panther: Rare animal caught on camera in Kenya