Warren drummed up the usual accusations of Trump 'trying to divide us, ' because the president wants a wall to protect Americans.
The president is under the microscope from the special counsel on whether or not his campaign colluded with Russian Federation in 2016, from the Southern District of NY about his business practices and from a slew of congressional committees on both matters.
Warren made the statement on the first day of her campaign while speaking to voters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. "And what are we, as candidates, as activists, the press, going to do about it?"
Sen. Elizabeth Warren officially kicked off her 2020 presidential campaign this weekend, but the Massachusets senator posed that President Donald Trump may not be in a position to challenge her. "In fact, he may not even be a free person", she added.
"These are serious investigations", she told reporters.
The president was railing against letters he's received from congressional committees conducting investigations of his administration and business practices when he let loose on Warren, a favorite target of his. It's no longer just the Mueller investigation, they're everywhere. Asked later if she supported impeaching Trump, Warren was noncommittal, saying only that special counsel Robert Mueller needs to be allowed to finish his investigation and make his report public. During her first of three events Sunday in eastern Iowa, Warren said the president shouldn't be allowed to dictate the direction of the campaign with divisive attacks.
Trump has dubbed Warren "Pocahontas" over her claims of Native American ancestry.
Progressive critics accused Warren of cultural appropriation after a DNA test revealed she is less than 2 percent Cherokee-and Republicans slammed her as a liar.
Saturday's appearance is part of a series of organizing events that Warren is holding around the country to boost support for the USA senator from Massachusetts' presidential campaign in early primary states.
Donald Trump Jr. later posted a screenshot of his father's tweet on Instagram along with a reply by another user that said, "The Native American genocide continues with another murder by the president".
He then noted Fox News' Brit Hume was among those not buying that Trump meant the Trail of Tears.
"Here's what bothers me: By the time we get to 2020, Donald Trump may not even be president", she stated.
- Ceramic Galaxy S10 listed by Vietnamese retailer for $1,333 (VND 30,990,000)
- Steelers’ Antonio Brown tweets it’s ‘time to move on’
- Why Russia Is About To Switch Off The Internet
- Turkey calls on China to shut down Uighur "concentration camps"
- IMMIGRATION INSANITY: Gov. Newsom to Order California National Guard WITHDRAWAL from Border
- Lil Wayne Sides With Nicki Minaj In BET Boycott "I’m With You"
- Thomas Markle's Shocking response to Meghan Markle's emotional letter to her father
- Tiger Found in Abandoned Home in Houston, Texas, by Pot Smoker
- Iranians mark anniversary of victory day in 1979 revolution
- Cardi B beats the boys to win rap album honours at Grammys