According to a report from BET.com, Andrew Wyatt, who works as Mr. Bill Cosby's attorney-at-law, spoke with reporters from Philadelphia's station, WCAU-TV.
Cosby also said he has "no remorse" and never will, and compared himself to the likes of Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Gandhi, Nelson Mandela and other "political prisoners".
He then closed out by declaring: 'I stand upright as a Political Prisoner and I Smile.
Cosby was sentenced to three to 10 years in a Pennsylvania state prison following his April 2018 conviction for drugging and sexually assaulting Andrea Constand at his home outside Philadelphia in 2004.
In addition to explaining Cosby's situation as far more positive as the media has formerly portrayed it, Andrew explained Bill has done nothing wrong and the formerly legendary comedian has expressed no remorse for his crimes.
He reiterated his argument, which he has made for more than three years and through two trials, that he was not charged in 2005 in connection with Constand's allegations and he later settled her civil suit against him for almost $4 million.
Since the prison doors closed on Cosby, the public hasn't heard much about the "Cosby Show" creator's time behind bars-until now.
It was reported on Friday that Cosby had transferred to the general prison population, after spending his first four months in special housing. Cosby does have a helper who helps him move around the prison due to his vision problems.
"The day has come, the time has come". "Why put them in that position, to make it turn into some form of a circus?" While alleging that he himself is a victim of "entrapment" at the hands of "a low-life District Attorney and a corrupt Judge", Cosby continued to maintain his innocence. As spokesperson Amy Worden more recently told the Associate Press (via Page Six), the prison has taken the former stand-up comedian's age and ability into account during his stay by assigning Cosby, who claims to be legally blind, inmates to sometimes help him get around. I waived my 5th amendment rights; I was declared not guilty in 2005 by the Commonwealth - never charged. The court also determined that Cosby would be labeled as a sexually violent predator, a point of contention that defense attorneys were arguing against. "The truth is strong".
- Disney releases long-awaited ‘Frozen 2’ trailer - and it does not disappoint
- OnePlus 5G prototype to debut at Mobile World Congress
- McConnell plans to bring Green New Deal to Senate vote
- Apple to announce a new subscription-focused service on March 25th
- Queen urges Meghan and Harry to deal with escalating family drama
- Lottery Winner Wore 'Scream' Mask to Claim Prize
- Ravens agree to trade Joe Flacco to Broncos
- Cardi B Disables Her Instagram After Winning Best Rap Album At Grammys
- Samsung Galaxy S10 series: Everything we know so far about specs, features
- Oil rises after Saudi output pledge, declining USA inventories