We already knew that OnePlus was developing a 5G phone but now it has confirmed it will be bringing 5G handsets to Mobile World Congress (MWC) late this month. Not only do we expect carriers to roll out the next generation of high-speed mobile networks, we also anticipate a crop of new 5G phones that will work on said networks. Last year, it was announced by the company during Qualcomm's event that OnePlus will be among the first smartphone manufacturers to launch a 5G-compatible smartphone. The company recently announced its "Connect with the OnePlus Community over 5G" event at the mobile consumer show.
OnePlus is reportedly planning to release the new smartphone by the end of May this year, through the United Kingdom carrier EE, CNET reported. OnePlus confirmed earlier this year that its incoming 5G smartphone will also be the first in an all-new lineup from the company that will co-exist alongside its current array of numerically-branded devices. It is expected that this device will target the gaming audience as it will be a Gaming-Oriented phone which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC and an X50 Modem. It is also expected to be released in the United Kingdom in May of this year.
Interestingly, the statement makes it seem like OnePlus is more interested in showing off the capabilities of 5G rather than the handset itself. OnePlus' Warp Charge fast charging will be a part of the offering as well, quite probably the same one that the company included in the OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition. The still-unnamed 5G phone will most likely be more expensive than the OnePlus 7 and will be restricted to markets in which suitable networks are available.
- Disney releases long-awaited ‘Frozen 2’ trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Manchester United not dead in Europe despite PSG defeat
- Lottery Winner Wore 'Scream' Mask to Claim Prize
- Why Are People Criticizing Jennifer Lopez's Motown Tribute at the 2019 Grammys?
- Juventus eager to lure Liverpool's Salah to Turin
- Queen urges Meghan and Harry to deal with escalating family drama
- Rich the Kid’s Entourage Attacked Outside Studio Where Usher Was Recording
- Ravens agree to trade Joe Flacco to Broncos
- Mayweather Has Confirmed He's Organised Tenshin Nasukawa's Next Fight
- Oil rises after Saudi output pledge, declining USA inventories