"And we've seen how that ends", Clooney added, according to PA.
It's been a tough few days for Meghan after her father Thomas Markle shared extracts from a heartbreaking five-page letter - which was allegedly written by the Duchess of Sussex herself - with the Mail on Sunday, showing the depths of his daughter's grief over their estrangement.
Last weekend, some media published details of an intimate letter they said Meghan has sent her estranged father.
According to Vanity Fair reporter and royal expert Katie Nicholl, Queen Elizabeth "is super concerned" about the trouble Thomas is causing, and before Christmas, she asked Meghan and Harry to try and sort things out.
He has repeatedly complained that his relationship with his daughter has broken down and made numerous public appeals for her to get in touch with him, including an appearance on Good Morning Britain.
"Meghan really hoped Thomas wouldn't leak the letter", the source said. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to see that'.
It's claimed Samantha - an outspoken critic of the Duchess - will appear in two TV documentaries, chat shows, a book and $2,600-an-hour interviews to talk about her niece or nephew and relationship with Meghan.
Clooney and his wife Amal attended Meghan's wedding to Prince Harry a year ago when the American actress became the newest addition to the British royal family. "I rarely if ever go "below the line" on social media or news websites and read people's comments. there's a large minority who seem to think that all the normal rules of society don't apply to the internet".
"Either you know or be [quiet]", she said.
When Kensington Palace first announced the couple was expecting a baby, it said the child was due sometime in the spring.
- Cardi B Disables Her Instagram After Winning Best Rap Album At Grammys
- McConnell plans to bring Green New Deal to Senate vote
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to sign $20 billion deals during crown princes visit
- Derryn Hinch to vote with Labor and pass refugee medical transfer bill
- Juventus eager to lure Liverpool's Salah to Turin
- England kicking game is the way to go, says Jones
- Disney releases long-awaited ‘Frozen 2’ trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Why Are People Criticizing Jennifer Lopez's Motown Tribute at the 2019 Grammys?
- Movie stars and British royalty mix at BAFTAs
- Rain, hail delays final round at Pebble Beach