Witnesses told TMZ that as many as 10 shots were fired outside the Westlake Recording Studio on Tuesday afternoon. Rich The Kid was outside when it all went down, and it appears he was the focus of the robbery. According to TMZ, at least one bodyguard was severely pistol whipped while several entourage members were fired upon.
When Rich the Kid put up a fight, three more men entered the home and began attacking the rapper as well.
Police have responded to the scene and are actively looking for the supects who made off with a large sum of cash and jewelry.
It is unknown whether anyone was hit by the gun fire.
A deputy from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department confirmed to Newsweek that "at approximately 3.30 p.m. on Santa Monica boulevard. three individuals were robbed and there were several shots fired".
Other famous musicians such as Quincy Jones, Billy Idol, Missy Elliot, Madonna, Justin Timberlake and Marilyn Manson have also recorded music at the location.
The shooting reportedly occurred as the suspects fled the scene.
Hours before the incident happened, Rich took to Instagram and shared a photo of himself posing with stacks of cash.
- Disney releases long-awaited ‘Frozen 2’ trailer - and it does not disappoint
- Oil rises after Saudi output pledge, declining USA inventories
- Bernardo Silva: Early goals adds to Manchester City’s confidence
- Acting US secretary of defense pays unannounced visit to Afghanistan
- Ellen DeGeneres shaves Julian Edelman’s beard for a good cause
- Derryn Hinch to vote with Labor and pass refugee medical transfer bill
- 'Not rocket science' - Leicester fans criticise Claude Puel for decision vs Tottenham
- Why Are People Criticizing Jennifer Lopez's Motown Tribute at the 2019 Grammys?
- Movie stars and British royalty mix at BAFTAs
- England kicking game is the way to go, says Jones