Police were called to the scene and shot dead the nine-year-old lion and another lioness to access Mr Prasek after consultation with experts from a nearby zoo.
Michal Prasek's body was found by his father in the lion's cage at his home in the village of Zdechov, according to police.
The local regional police spokeswoman told the CTK Agency that authorities had to kill the lions in order to get to the man's body.
Mr Prasek purchased the lion in 2016 and the lioness past year and kept the pair in enclosures he built himself in his back garden. The animals were in separate enclosures, but and had drawn some concern from the residents in the past.
The deceased man had been fined for illegal breeding. That incident was eventually labelled as a traffic accident.
"Today's incident will perhaps finally help to resolve this long-term problem", Kocourek said.
The authorities when they wanted to take away the animals could not take them because they did not have a safe place to keep them.
Mr Prasek made headlines last summer after a cyclist collided with the lioness as he was taking her for a walk on a leash. The lioness was reportedly pregnant. The cyclist was hospitalized for his injuries. According to the Deutsche Presse-Agentur, there are more than 250 big cats kept by private owners in the country.
Mr Prasek, the 33-year-old owner of the animals, had spent years keeping authorities from confiscating the animals.
- SpaceX Crew Dragon Set For Splashdown In Atlantic Ocean
- Democrats say they will not hold upcoming presidential debates on Fox News
- Bill Shine resigns from White House communications post
- ‘Airwolf’ Star Jan-Michael Vincent Dead at 74
- Chelsea Manning Says She Faces Contempt Hearing, Jail Time
- Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts in alleged hate crime hoax
- US women's team sues US Soccer over 'institutionalized gender discrimination'
- Marvel has plans to cast first openly gay superhero
- Huawei Sues US Over Defense Law
- Cloudy day with rain or showers for much of the UK