There were also tears during King's interview with two women whose families say they are being controlled by the singer.
"I could see him getting more heated, he was upset with me about some of the questions, that's ok, he was a little irritated, that's ok", said King. In the past two weeks alone, Kelly turned himself in after authorities in Chicago charged him for 10 counts of aggravated sexual abuse. "I gave you 30 years of my f**king career!"
The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer admitted that he recently went to the bank on his own for the first time, and discovered that he only has $350,000 in his account. She added that her parents even threatened to leak naked photos of her unless R Kelly gave them money. "Negativity sells, gossip sells". Sadly, like so many girls before them, Azriel and Joycelyn Savage have been manipulated and convinced by Kelly to lie to protect him from serious criminal charges. Dramatic clips from the conversation took over Twitter, after airing on Tuesday's "CBS Evening News" and Wednesday's "CBS This Morning". "All of the victims and parents can not be lying", they said. "I'm going to ruin you, I'm going to ruin him if he doesn't send $20,000 to this bank account by Monday'".
The CBS This Morning anchor appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Thursday to discuss her much-talked-about discussion with Kelly.
Kelly has steadfastly denied any wrongdoing.
A lawyer representing the couple bristled at the allegation, saying Timothy and Jonjelyn Savage never asked for or received money from Kelly. He added, "Because I was so exhausted of not knowing where my money was, what my publishing is". "We all are a family, all together", Clary said.
King told her colleagues in the studio that Kelly's team told CBS that the singer would not be in the room while the women were being interviewed. A Cook County Sheriff's Office official says the singer won't be released until he pays $161,000 U.S. in back child support he owes.
Kelly spent three days in jail last month after being arrested on 10 counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse involving four victims - three of whom were minors - on February 22.
Kelly has consistently denied any sexual misconduct and was acquitted of child pornography charges in 2008.
"We live with him, and we're in a relationship with him", Clary said of Kelly, who returned to jail Wednesday for failing to pay child support.
Kelly then accused the women's parents of attempting to profit of their daughters.
- Beleaguered Trudeau admits errors in corruption scandal
- Bill Shine resigns from White House communications post
- Huawei Sues US Over Defense Law
- Philadelphia Eagles trade Michael Bennett to Patriots
- Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts in alleged hate crime hoax
- Absconding diamond businessman Nirav Modi tracked down in London
- India asks Pakistan for concrete crackdown on terror groups：The Asahi Shimbun
- US women's team sues US Soccer over 'institutionalized gender discrimination'
- Democratic stalwart Sherrod Brown decides against 2020 presidential run
- FDA Approves Johnson & Johnson's Nasal Spray Antidepressant | INN