Sources confirm the NFL Network's report that the Giants are trading edge rusher Olivier Vernon to the Cleveland Browns in return for guard Kevin Zeitler. Going to NY will be offensive guard Kevin Zeitler and the 155th overall pick in 2019. He has 51 sacks in seven seasons, including seven a year ago when he was named a Pro Bowler for NY. That was more than twice as many quarterback hits as any other player on the team.
The Eagles acquired Bennett last season in a trade with the Seattle Seahawks. He is due to earn $10 million this season.
The NFL is a game built around offense right now and piecing together a strong offensive line is the most important thing a team does aside from selecting their quarterback. They were looking to move on if they thought they could get another top pass-rusher, so another move is likely in their future. The trade was also reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter. When the Browns signed him as a free agent in 2017, Zeitler became the highest-paid guard in the National Football League - a title that has since been surpassed by Dallas' Zack Martin and Jacksonville's Andrew Norwell. He missed nine games over the past two seasons with various injuries.
Amendola, 33, had 59 receptions for 575 yards a year ago, both team highs, while making 15 starts in his first season with Miami. He is currently the third-highest-paid at his position now behind Dallas' Zak Martin and Andrew Norwell of Jacksonville, who the Giants wanted to sign in free agency past year. He was set to make $15.5 million in each of the two remaining years on his contract.
- US women's team sues US Soccer over 'institutionalized gender discrimination'
- NASA Will Host the First All-Female Spacewalk in History This Month
- Bill Shine resigns from White House communications post
- Giants trade Olivier Vernon for Kevin Zeitler: How it impacts the cap
- Absconding diamond businessman Nirav Modi tracked down in London
- Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir calls on PM Imran Khan
- Beleaguered Trudeau admits errors in corruption scandal
- India calls for UN-led consensus on zero tolerance on terrorism
- Huawei Sues US Over Defense Law
- R. Kelly released from jail after arrest for outstanding child support payments