Pakistan had also captured Indian pilot Abhinandan alive last week who was later handed over to India as a gesture of peace - an action widely praised by the worldwide community.
"China has stressed from the beginning the need to exercise calm and restraint and prevent escalation", Wang said at a press conference on the sidelines of the second session of the 13th National People's Congress.
"We hope relevant parties will create an enabling atmosphere to help Pakistan to cooperate with other parties to form synergy", he said, without directly referring to India.
"In the last couple of days both Pakistan and India indicated a desire to de-escalate the situation and start talks". In the meantime, a country's sovereignty and territorial integrity should be fully respected.
"China calls on Pakistan and India to refrain from taking actions that aggravate the situation, show goodwill and flexibility, launch dialogue as soon as possible, and work together to maintain regional peace and stability", he said. "China followed these principle in its mediation and played a constructive role in defusing the tension", he said.
In addition to the shortening of visa durations, extra fees have also been introduced for some categories of approved visas, including for journalists and religious workers, according to a Pakistan Today report.
During the meeting Pakistan's recent tensions with India, regional security and bilateral relations were discussed.
"Over the past year, government departments on both sides have done a lot and made considerable progress in following through many understandings reached by our leaders", the foreign minister said.
His visit coincides with the USA, the United Kingdom and French application in the 1267 counter terrorism committee of the UNSC to declare JeM chief Masood Azhar as a global terrorist. Indian diplomacy appeared to win global support in the aftermath of the deadly terror attack in Pulwama, which killed 42 CRPF soldiers.
The Chinese official also expressed hope that ties with India "will surge ahead like the Yangtze and the Ganges, giving strong and sustained impetus to our relationship".
- SpaceX Crew Dragon splashes into Atlantic, completing test flight's return leg
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold will come to India soon, says CEO DJ Koh
- Bill Shine resigns from White House communications post
- Galaxy S10 just achieved a huge victory ahead of Samsung release TODAY
- Southampton 2 Tottenham 1: Ward-Prowse snatches win
- India calls for UN-led consensus on zero tolerance on terrorism
- U.S. Democrats to unveil legislation to reinstate net neutrality rules
- US women's team sues US Soccer over 'institutionalized gender discrimination'
- Rusty's ALERT DAY Forecast - Brutal cold with risky wind chills
- Jussie Smollett indicted on 16 felony counts in alleged hate crime hoax