If you keep up with the Royal family at all, you know that Meghan, who is now pregnant with Prince Harry's first baby, has been the target of racism, rumors that she is "difficult" at the palace, and also that she is in a massive feud with sister-in-law, Kate Middleton! I don't look at it. Ever the glowing beauty, the former Suits star wore her hair in her favourite hairstyle - the messy bun - and as always, her makeup was fresh, subtle and immaculate.
"I think when we talk about gender stereotype shifting - what it means to be masculine, what it means to be feminine - you know I've said for a long time: you can be feminine and feminist", she said. "But I do read The Economist", she added.
The former actress, who married Britain's Prince Harry past year, made the comment at a panel event to mark International Women's Day on Friday.
The Duchess was described by the panel's host as "a royal not afraid to embrace full-on feminism". Things like that, that are really talking about how the role of women is really shifting and changing. "That's key. Focus your energy there and not on the stuff that is perhaps muddling you".
She added: "It's amusing, I'd actually been joking these past few weeks I'd seen this documentary [the series Feminists - What Were They Thinking, featuring actress Lily Tomlin] on Netflix about feminism and one of the things they said during pregnancy was 'I feel the embryonic kicking of feminism'". "So boy for girl, whatever it is, we hope that's the case with our little bump". During her whistle-stop tour of Morocco, with Prince Harry by her side, she told a group of female executives and entrepreneurs: "Women have to challenge everywhere in the world".
- US women's team sues US Soccer over 'institutionalized gender discrimination'
- Zuckerberg has seen the light; Facebook to make drastic changes
- India calls for UN-led consensus on zero tolerance on terrorism
- SpaceX Crew Dragon splashes into Atlantic, completing test flight's return leg
- Chelsea Manning Says She Faces Contempt Hearing, Jail Time
- Philadelphia Eagles trade Michael Bennett to Patriots
- India asks Pakistan for concrete crackdown on terror groups：The Asahi Shimbun
- There's a Kraft-Trump connection to Wild Orchids of Asia scandal
- Elizabeth Warren proposes breaking up big tech giants, including Amazon and Google
- Czech man killed by lion he kept at his property