The woman's allegations come after Kelly denied all charges against him during an interview earlier this week, before he became emotional and claimed his critics are "trying to kill" him.
The Cook County sheriff's office said the money was paid on Saturday morning and the singer was released from the Chicago jail shortly afterwards. She did not know who made the payment. "A copy of the bond slip did not show who posted the $161,663 owed by Kelly or the individual's relationship to him".
Valencia Love, 47, told WGN she's known Kelly for years, but provided no additional details: "When you fall to the bottom, no one is there".
And as he walked out of jail, Kelly had words for the cameras and media members that gathered there to document his freedom, too.
Kelly is also facing 10 counts of felony aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Greenberg would not comment on who posted the child support money because he says a judge has imposed a gag order.
Last month, Kelly was arrested and pleaded not guilty to charges he had sexually assaulted three teenage girls and a fourth woman.
"It's open season on R. Kelly", Greenberg told reporters gathered outside the jail.
Kelly is estranged from the three children from his 10-year marriage to Drea, which ended in divorce in 2009. He was previously acquitted of child pornography and sex-abuse charges more than a decade ago. The program apparently detailed a plethora of transgressions of the singer, sleeping with underage girls being one of them, and allegedly using his influence in the scene to create a "sex cult". Somehow R. Kelly (full name Robert Sylvester Kelly) was able to find the needed sum and was granted his released.
The singer's recent legal troubles have highlighted the fact that his finances are now "a mess", and he even claimed in a recent CBS interview that someone had been stealing from his bank accounts.
- Beleaguered Trudeau admits errors in corruption scandal
- Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir calls on PM Imran Khan
- NASA Will Host the First All-Female Spacewalk in History This Month
- Democratic stalwart Sherrod Brown decides against 2020 presidential run
- Czech man killed by lion he kept at his property
- R. Kelly released from jail after arrest for outstanding child support payments
- Giants trade Olivier Vernon for Kevin Zeitler: How it impacts the cap
- Why Meghan Markle Stays Off Twitter and Doesn't Read Headlines About Herself
- Trump claims Cohen ‘directly’ asked for a pardon
- FDA Approves Johnson & Johnson's Nasal Spray Antidepressant | INN