The devices use ammonium nitrate to inflate the airbag in the event of a crash.
According to a chronology of events provided to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these inflators were used as replacements for the original Takata driver's-side airbag inflators.
Another 100,000 vehicles are being recalled in Canada, Mexico and Central America, Honda said. Documents posted by Canadian safety regulators show that Honda is recalling many of its most popular models for a second time.
The chemical used in the air bag inflators can burn too fast and blow apart a metal canister, hurling shrapnel into drivers and passengers.
The Honda models being recalled include 2001-2007 and 2009 Honda Accord, 2001-2005 Honda Civic, 2002-2007 and 2010-2011 Honda CR-V, 2003-2011 Honda Element, 2007 Honda Fit, 2002-2004 Honda Odyssey, 2003-2008 Honda Pilot, and 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline. "Those replacement inflators", Honda said in a statement, "are now deemed defective".Читайте также: Microsoft brings Halo to Steam, pigs fly
At least 23 people have died from the problem worldwide and hundreds more were injured.
The recall affects almost every major automaker and is expected to eventually require replacement of about 50 million driver's and passenger's airbag inflators in the U.S.
Acura and Honda will begin notifying owners on April 17th and they can schedule an appointment at their dealership to have a new air bag inflator installed free of charge.
"Honda initially became aware of a potential issue after a single-vehicle crash involving a 2004 Honda Odyssey", the Japanese auto giant said in a statement. They contained a moisture-absorbing chemical and previously were believed to be safe.
Transport Canada, the country's transportation safety agency, said vehicles covered include those that were under previous recalls and others that had air bags replaced after collisions. The defect eventually spurred the recall of 37 million vehicles by 19 automakers.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Odell Beckham Jr. Browns Trade: Is Cleveland Frontrunner to Land WR?
- Border Policewoman hurt in Jerusalem as tensions flare on Temple Mount
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Welcome A New Member To The Jonas Family
- YouTube Music launches in South Africa
- Man who missed Ethiopian flight: 'Too young to die'
- Family Upset After a California Hospital Uses Robot to Deliver Death Prognosis
- Cardinal George Pell sentenced to six years in jail
- Oil prices rise amid broad market rally, OPEC supply cuts
- Paul Manafort’s Sentence Extended to More Than Seven Years in Prison
- DeSean Jackson Returning to Eagles After Buccaneers Agree Trade