Ethiopian Airlines CEO Tewolde Gebremariam says the pilot of the downed plane had flight control problems.
The pilot of the crashed Ethiopian Airlines 737 MAX 8 jet had reported flight-control problems and wanted to return to the airport, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing the chief executive officer of the airline.
Chinese relatives of victims who died in the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 airliner visit the scene south of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Wednesday, March 13, 2019.
GebreMariam said a recorded conversation with air traffic control detailed final moments of the flight.
The ill-fated flight was packed with humanitarian workers and global experts, many of whom were bound for a major United Nations environmental summit in the Kenyan capital.Читайте также: Border Policewoman hurt in Jerusalem as tensions flare on Temple Mount
He said he was put onto the next flight to Nairobi and only found out about the crash later on. "The pilots were well briefed on the air ordinance filed", he said.
In a statement issued Monday evening, Premier John Horgan said the government worker was "committed to tackling the challenges he saw around him in the world, both in his work to protect the environment and to advance reconciliation".
Boeing did not respond immediately to a request for comment, but it has previously said it provided appropriate information to pilots to use an existing procedure to handle the issue of erroneous data affecting the anti-stall system.
Boeing has said it has full confidence in the 737 MAX - a model that has 371 jets in operation around the world.
"We don't yet know the exact cause of the accident, and speculation is not helpful in either way but I think there are questions without answers on the airplane" he added.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Welcome A New Member To The Jonas Family
- YouTube Music launches in South Africa
- Venezuelan hospitals struggle to tend patients without power
- DeSean Jackson Returning to Eagles After Buccaneers Agree Trade
- Game of Thrones making: Here’s how the White Walkers came to life
- Apple expected to launch video streaming service
- Another day, another Brexit vote: United Kingdom seeks path forward
- Paul Manafort’s Sentence Extended to More Than Seven Years in Prison
- California governor to place moratorium on death penalty
- Former Baltimore Ravens receiver John Brown will sign with Bills, reports say