However, Taki was arrested last night, and a urine test turned up positive results for cocaine. "We apologise for any inconveniences this may cause for customers, as well as the parties involved".
For those of you wondering why the publisher has taken such drastic action over a bit of cocaine use, Japan's drug laws are still incredibly strict compared to the rest of the world. Before becoming an actor, Taki was a musician, co-founding the popular synthpop group Denki Groove. Taki not only added his voice and likeness to Judgment, but also did motion capture work for his character, Kyohei Hamura.
Currently, Judgement is limited to a PS4 release in Japan, but is due for a worldwide release in June.
We previously reported that Sega is putting a pause on Judgment's sales following the arrest of voice actor Pierre Taki, and his trouble with snow is carrying over to Kingdom Hearts III as Square Enix announced that it will be changing the voice of Olaf from Frozen, who he voiced in Japan.
It should be noted that when Sega re-released Yakuza 4 for PlayStation 4 in Japan this January, Masayoshi Tanimura (one of the game's four playable protagonists) was recast to be played by Toshiki Masuda due to original actor Hiroki Narimiya retiring in 2016 following allegations of cocaine abuse. According to The Mainichi, the 51-year-old actor was arrested for use of cocaine yesterday. An official press release from Sega said the company "received arrest reports", and it is "currently confirming the facts". Hopefully the game comes out - I'm pretty anti-drug personally, but I enjoy music, movies, and other entertainment created by people who may consume the occasional substance. Publisher SEGA has stated that the Western release, currently due to hit USA and Europe in June, is now "under consideration". "We are withdrawing Judgment from sale in Japan for the time being, including both physical and digital editions".
- Felicity Huffman's Bond Set at $250,000 in College Admission Scandal
- Not designating Masood Azhar as global terrorist against peace
- Giants' Dave Gettleman: We wish Odell Beckham, Olivier Vernon the best
- Galaxy S10 shipments to be 20 million in H1
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ co-director Joe Russo to visit India
- Pi Day 2019: All the Food Deals We've Found So Far
- When will Facebook, Instagram outage be fixed?
- Trump's ex-lawyer Cohen says testimony 'could have been clearer': lawyer
- Jose Canseco wants ex-wife Jessica, Alex Rodriguez to take polygraph