The issues affected users around the globe, with people in the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America reporting problems. "Check your network and try again".
Owing to the issue, users were able to access Gmail but they were seeing an error message when sending out emails.
If you've been trying to send an e-mail from your Gmail account and are unable to, you're not alone.
Google has not yet put out an official statement confirming the issue, or commented on how long the outage would last.
"Users will have issues accessing or attaching files in various products. Drive: Upload and download of files", said the company in the latest update posted at 10.14 am.
According to various reports, some are experiencing difficulty downloading attachments as well.
Are you also affected by the outage? However, Google has not confirmed this issue.
The Gmail outage map at Down Detector shows problems around the world, with big red marks over the east coast of Australia, in Malaysia, Japan, India and yellow marks out outage around many other parts of the world.
Not being able to send an e-mail is causing major struggles for anyone who uses their account for work and pressing personal matters, and people are expressing their frustration on Twitter using #Gmaildown to connect with others on the issue.
"Gmail - did someone forget a semicolon or a closing bracket?"
"We're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible", the Facebook said in a Tweet.
- Compromise seeks to limit president's emergency declarations
- Two Sussex MPs switch to back Theresa May’s second Brexit deal
- Another day, another Brexit vote: United Kingdom seeks path forward
- Kim Kardashian Pays 5 Years Rent For Recently Released Prisoner
- Lady Gaga Says She Isn't Pregnant But Is Delivering An Album
- Day optimistic major back pain will not return this week
- California governor places moratorium on executions
- DDCA cancels Virat Kohli felicitation ceremony in wake of Pulwama attack
- Browns Sign Free Agent DT Sheldon Richardson
- U.S.'s Bolton says Pakistan committed to easing tensions with India