A couple of goals tonight would put him well in contention to win the Golden Boot, although it will be silly to rule out Cristiano Ronaldo, who turns things on in the knockout stages and is now on four goals.
Lionel Messi opened the scoring from the penalty spot before Coutinho rolled home from inside the area after good work from Luis Suarez to double Barca's lead. "I thought Atletico would be a lot stronger, but Juve were all over them and Cristiano had a magical night".
"We're relaxed and what we have to prepare for is the toughest test possible, which is what's coming now in the final stage of the season".
He combined fluidly with strike partner Luis Suarez and almost put the game to bed at the start of the second half when he beat Lyon substitute keeper Mathieu Gorgelin but saw his shot cleared off the goalline.
Lyon pulled one back in the second half when, after a goalmouth scramble, Lucas Tousart was given enough time to control a ball with his chest before finishing from close range.
"Luckily we then made it 3-1 and we could be calm again".
The Brazilian brushed off talk of a summer exit for now, though, saying his focus is on Sunday's game against Real Betis as Barca continue to compete on three fronts. "Now it's about the next game".
It was his fourth hat-trick against Atleti, who must be absolute sick of him now - given they have been knocked out of every Champions League they have been in since 2013/14 by a team containing CR7.
"You never know what the future holds".
"I'm very happy to have won and to have qualified in what was a very important match". "He produced an outstanding performance tonight, he was incredible", Barca coach Ernesto Valverde told reporters.
"All of the opponents are complicated", Messi added.
- Beto O'Rourke announces that he is running for president in 2020
- MoD to pay Bloody Sunday soldiers' fees
- Android Q Beta First Look!
- New Italian law requires students to be vaccinated or face repercussions
- Pi Day 2019: All the Food Deals We've Found So Far
- Drugs Put a Stop to Judgment Sales in Asia
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- When will Facebook, Instagram outage be fixed?
- Google Hardware makes cuts to laptop and tablet development, cancels products
- Retina Exam May Detect Alzheimer's Disease Before Symptoms Emerge