The 21-year-old Brazilian has joined for an undisclosed transfer fee following a terrific breakthrough season in the Primeira Liga.
An agreement is now in place, with the Blancos having got their man.
The 21-year-old Militão, who moved to Porto from Brazilian side Sao Paulo last summer, has been in top form since arriving European football and has emerged the best defender in Portuguese topflight for the fourth time in February.
Real Madrid have signed centre-back Eder Militao from Portp on a six-year deal.
The right footed player, who can fill in at either right back or in central defense, has signed a six-year deal to take him to Real Madrid until the end of June 2025 and is thought to have cost in the region of 50 million euros (1 euro = 1.13 U.S. dollars). His speed, positioning and anticipation are his greatest assets, while he is also strong in the air.
The defender has made one appearance for Brazil and can play at centre back, full back or defensive midfield.
He has enjoyed considerable success in that role before and will be hoping to see Militao help to deliver more once welcomed into the Real fold.
- Retina Exam May Detect Alzheimer's Disease Before Symptoms Emerge
- These Are the Highlights From the Final 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Outcry over Trump's cuts to Medicare hospital payments
- Drugs Put a Stop to Judgment Sales in Asia
- Google Hardware makes cuts to laptop and tablet development, cancels products
- Galaxy S10 shipments to be 20 million in H1
- Usman Khawaja stars again as Australia seal comeback series win over India
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- New Italian law requires students to be vaccinated or face repercussions