Pakistan has assured the U.S. that it will deal "firmly" with all terrorists operating from the country and take steps to de-escalate tensions with India, according to National Security Adviser John Bolton.
"The two countries should sit together and found a way out".
Qureshi said that solution to the lingering Kashmir dispute through dialogue is imperative for peace and stability in the region. "We hope that the situation will improve with the Afghan peace process". However, the armed forces eliminated the menace of terrorism and extremism, while the national leadership reached a consensus to launch the National Action Plan (NAP).
Lauding Finance Minister Asad Umar, the foreign minister said the former had taken a lot of steps for economic uplift during the last six months. "I also know the interest the government of the UAE (United Arab Emirates) had shown in investing in Pakistan", he added. He further said that he had a meeting with the Indian foreign minister as well where he had stressed the need for a peaceful solution to the Kashmir dispute.
Qureshi also thanked European foreign ministers and parliamentarians for supporting Pakistan in securing GSP Plus facility for its exports.
Qureshi also said that three German political foundations, that had "not been able to work in Pakistan" earlier, would now be able to launch operate in the country as both sides had "amicably" resolved the issues due to which the operations of the organisations were being hindered. "Improving the economy is the main agenda of Prime Minister Imran Khan, he said".
Qureshi said that peace in Afghanistan was important to realise the dream of progress and prosperity in the region, for which Pakistan was making persistent efforts.
However, the fighter jets were not shot down because they stayed within Pakistani-controlled territory, according to senior officials.
Germany yesterday cautioned that there was no military solution to the Pak-India issues and the two nuclear armed countries must hold a dialogue to make peace.
Maas, who is on an official visit to Pakistan along with a German delegation, met Qureshi in Islamabad.
- Compromise seeks to limit president's emergency declarations
- Day optimistic major back pain will not return this week
- Packers still in the mix for RB Mark Ingram
- Kansas City Chiefs Trade Dee Ford To San Francisco
- Another day, another Brexit vote: United Kingdom seeks path forward
- Two Sussex MPs switch to back Theresa May’s second Brexit deal
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Welcome A New Member To The Jonas Family
- Snow, wind to continue pummeling Denver metro area through Wednesday evening
- California governor places moratorium on executions
- 8 killed in mass shooting in southern Brazil school