Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convened an emergency meeting at the Kiriya in Tel Aviv just after the attack to discuss Israel's response.
"OUTRAGEOUS! This is what prevents the world from helping the people of Gaza!".
A Hamas official told the The Times of Israel that the terror group "has no interest in an escalation" with Israel.
The rocket fire raised speculation in Israel that Palestinian militants opposed to any deal between Hamas and Israel were behind the launchings.
RT reports Israeli aircrafts bombed the Gaza Strip following two rockets were allegedly fired from Tel Aviv.
In unconfirmed footage shared widely on Twitter, rockets can be seen shooting into the sky over Tel Aviv. That was later denied by the Israeli military, RT's Paula Slier reported from Tel Aviv. The Iran-backed Al-Sabareen terrorist group in Gaza has yet to release an official statement following the rocket attacks.
He said Israel had no advance intelligence warnings of the rocket fire, which went unclaimed by any Palestinian group. The tensions further mounted in fall due to continued shelling and arson balloons launches from Gaza into the Israeli territory and Israeli strikes on Palestinian targets in response to these actions.
While Israel holds Hamas responsible for all rocket attacks emanating from the Gaza Strip, the Palestinian Islamic Jihad terror group reportedly took credit for the strike on Thursday evening, according to sources in the Strip cited by Ynet.
The Tel Aviv skyline at night.
A statement by the Hamas armed wing said it was "not responsible for the firing of the rockets tonight towards the enemy". Palestinian witnesses told Reuters that Israeli warplanes targeted two Hamas security positions in the south and north of the Gaza Strip.
Not long after the IDF began its assault, air raid sirens sounded in some Israeli communities bordering the Gaza Strip.
- Frank Lampard urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Google Hardware makes cuts to laptop and tablet development, cancels products
- USA college admissions scandal sparks $500B lawsuit
- Donald Trump Jr. Takes A Shot At Brie Larson's 'Captain Marvel'
- Facebook reportedly under criminal investigation for secret data-sharing deals
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools
- These Are the Highlights From the Final 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty to lying about attack
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ co-director Joe Russo to visit India