Following their 2-0 win over Manchester United on Sunday, success in the Europa League appeared a little less urgent, and victory here marks a return to form under Emery.
"But I think we can feel this competition like in the Premier League, to do a good way and create, with our supporters, a big atmosphere and a big feeling together to do this way in the Premier League and also here in the Europa League".
He immediately went behind the goal where he picked up a bag containing a mask of the popular Marvel character Black Panther.
He set up Ainsley Maitland-Niles for the second ten minutes later to put the Gunners ahead on away goals.
After the game, he said: 'I needed a mask who represents me.
The striker was famous for his masked celebrations at Borussia Dortmund, wearing Spider-Man and Batman masks after scoring, but Thursday was the first time he performed one in an Arsenal shirt.
"It's a Black Panther and in Africa, in Gabon we call the national team the panthers of Gabon".
"That goal changed a lot of things".
"There was a tackle by Lacazette in the first half which was borderline, for which he got a yellow".
- Tucker Carlson Continues to Have a Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Week
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- These Are the Highlights From the Final 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Phone eats an arrow, saves owner from attack (allegedly)
- UEFA Champions League quarter final draw and fixtures leaked
- OPEC cuts oil production in February despite pressure from Trump
- Garuda reconsiders order of 49 MAX airplanes from Boeing
- Real Madrid agree deal for defender Eder Militao from Porto
- Tesla Model Y: What We Know
- Captain Marvel Arrives To Level The Avengers: End Game Playing Field