Liverpool are through to the next round of the Champions League after a fine result against Bayern Munich. Liverpool, however, kept up the pressure and were rewarded when Dutchman Van Dijk grabbed his third goal in his last four appearances in all competitions. "The other 25 percent is covered by Virgil van Dijk".
In the last three seasons Liverpool have faced German clubs, they have won the tie and gone on to reach the final: the Champions League in 2005, the Europa League in 2016 and also last season.
The Senegal forward scored twice on Wednesday to fire Liverpool to a 3-1 win away to Bayern Munich, earning them a place in the Champions League quarter-finals.
I felt yourself [Van Dijk] but also Matip, he gets the own goal in the first half - it wasn't a mistake it's just one of those things - I thought he was outstanding as well at the back. The club is reportedly interested in 23-year-old Lille forward Nicolas Pepe, who has 17 goals in the French league this season, while Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi and Atletico Madrid's Lucas Hernandez remain targets.
And Johnson says he would've loved to play with van Dijk during his career.
The first leg ended goalless a fortnight back, but two goals from Sadio Mane either side of a Virgil van Dijk header saw the Reds go sailing through in style against an ageing Bayern team that is visibly coming to the end of it's cycle.
Liverpool suffered an early setback when the captain, Jordan Henderson, limped off with an ankle injury that is set to rule him out of the Premier League trip to Fulham on Sunday.
Bayern Munich were eliminated by Liverpool in the Champions League on Wednesday, and Robert Lewandowski pointed the finger at their tactics.
His quality shined even more in contrast to Bayern's defensive pairing of Mats Hummels and Niklas Sule. "He is a massive threat".
"We are level on points and Bayern have the better goal difference, but we still have nine games to play and a lot can happen in that time", he told the Bundesliga's official website. "He is still young enough to get better".
- Facebook says it’s resolved outage issues and denies attack
- Aubameyang: Black Panther mask was for Gabon
- Sephora urged to drop partnership with Lori Loughlin's daughter Olivia Jade
- New book describes perils of crossing a White House power couple
- Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings
- 2 rockets fired on Israel, Gaza braces for reprisal
- Many dead in New Zealand mosque shooting; one person in custody
- Phone eats an arrow, saves owner from attack (allegedly)
- Tucker Carlson Continues to Have a Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Week
- Tesla Model Y: What We Know