His social media presence and huge fundraising power lifted him from a little-known three-term congressman to a Democratic rockstar with a following that stretched well beyond Texas.
Confirming his run to Texan TV outlet KTSM, Mr O'Rourke said: "I'm really proud of what El Paso did and what El Paso represents. It's the only way I know to meet that challenge", O'Rourke told the magazine.
When the Des Moines Register/CNN/Mediacom poll was first run in December, O'Rourke placed third, the top choice of 11 percent.
Thursday morning's announcement will leave former Vice President Joe Biden as the last big name yet to make a decision about the 2020 campaign.
The American and global media jump up every time he makes a move and, unlike fellow Democratic candidates with far more experience, he was granted a cover interview with Vanity Fair and is...
He already had planned a visit to Iowa this weekend.Читайте также: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang brace fires Arsenal past Rennes
The Iowa trip will be the first test of whether O'Rourke can convert the enthusiasm he built in Texas to the national stage.
"I'm a capitalist", O'Rourke told reporters last month.
King began by asking O'Rourke if he still feels Trump should be impeached. He said he "would not prejudge the outcome of that trial, ' adding:;All I am saying is, there's enough there'".
In 2012, he won against incumbent Democratic congressmanSilvestre Reyes in a Latino-majority district, and was re-elected twice before giving up his seat to run against Cruz.
Party liberals have zeroed in on O'Rourke's refusal while in the U.S. House of Representatives to co-sponsor legislation providing "Medicare-for-all" and free college tuition, although during his Senate campaign O'Rourke promoted the idea of universal healthcare.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Golden Tate Reportedly Down to Patriots and Steelers in Free Agency
- Vietnamese suspect in Kim Jong Nam's killing seeking release
- Donald Trump says Theresa May didn't listen to his advice on Brexit
- Dolphins emerging to fight Teddy Bridgewater away from Saints
- Evidence of Enormous, 2600-Year-Old Solar Storm Found in Greenland
- OPEC cuts oil production in February despite pressure from Trump
- Cyclone set to hit Mozambique hard tonight, dozens already killed
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- Jokowi Urges Siti Aisyah to Temporarily Stay Put at Home
- Singapore tops in Asia for quality of living, personal safety: Mercer poll