In November, a Facebook outage was attributed to a server problem, and a September disruption was said to be the result of "networking issues".
'We are still investigating the overall impact of this issue, including the possibility of refunds for advertisers, ' the spokesperson added. Facebook notified users and by Thursday morning, the issue appeared to be largely resolved, as the official Instagram account on Twitter said, "Anddddd. we're back".
Thousands of users took to Twitter over the past day to complain about the outage, causing the hashtag #facebookdown to trend.
Earlier on Thursday, the outage-tracking service DownDetector showed significantly fewer people having issues accessing Facebook and Instagram compared to Wednesday, when the outage began. As of Thursday morning, the only good news for Facebook is that plunging stock price appeared to have found a floor.
The outage came the same day that The New York Times reported that federal prosecutors are conducting a criminal investigation into Facebook's data deals with 150 companies, including Sony, Netflix, Spotify and Amazon. "I'm trying to communicate with my team in NY".
'We've provided public testimony, answered questions and pledged that we will continue to do so, ' the spokesman said.
Facebook blamed a "server configuration change" Thursday for a massive outage affecting its applications around the world and brought fresh attention to the embattled social networking leader. "We have true privacy and unlimited space for everyone". Some people weren't able to reach Facebook's website and apps, including Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp.
"We're very sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience", Facebook said.
- Maradona: Juventus star Ronaldo an animal and sorcerer
- Pi Day 2019: All the Food Deals We've Found So Far
- Donald Trump Jr. Takes A Shot At Brie Larson's 'Captain Marvel'
- Retina Exam May Detect Alzheimer's Disease Before Symptoms Emerge
- Outcry over Trump's cuts to Medicare hospital payments
- UK PM May suffers blow ahead of big Brexit vote
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ co-director Joe Russo to visit India
- Android Q Beta Likely Just Around the Corner
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools
- Tucker Carlson Continues to Have a Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Week