Vietnamese Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh made the plea in a phone call Tuesday with his counterpart, Malaysia's Saifuddin Abdullah, according to a statement on the ministry website.
She had been on trial alongside a Vietnamese woman, Doan Thi Huong, who was left distraught as she was not freed at the same time.
In her defense, Siti said that some people - who she thinks were Korean or Japanese - paid $90 for a "prank" to be aired in a TV show.
Siti and Huong were arrested after security cameras in the airport showed the two women smearing the toxic agent on Kim's face.
The court will resume proceedings on Huong's case on Thursday, pending a reply from Mr Thomas to a request that charges against her be withdrawn. Intent to kill is crucial to a murder charge under Malaysian law.
Gooi Soon Seng, Siti Aisyah's lawyer, said his client was "a scapegoat".
Indonesia's government said its continued high-level lobbying had resulted in Aisyah's release and alleged the young migrant worker had no idea she was being "manipulated by North Korean intelligence". "Both of them were charged on the same evidence, the defence was called on fairly the same grounds", said Mr Salim Bashir, one of her lawyers.
Kim Jong Nam had fled North Korea shortly after his brother, Kim Jong Un, took over after their father's death. Authorities believe that Kim Jong Un had his half-brother assassinated as part of an effort to consolidate his power after he became the ruler of North Korea.
He denied that the Malaysian government caved in to diplomatic pressure to free Siti.
"I told Siti to stay put for the meantime until the situation cools down, which would let her plan a better life ahead", said President Jokowi after welcoming Siti Aisyah at the Merdeka Palace in Jakarta today, March 12.
"I have no information (regarding that)", he said, in response to questions at a press conference in Parliament, reported The Star.
- The Queen Gave Prince Harry and Meghan a Royal Dream Team
- Five dead, over 30 hurt as overbridge collapses near Mumbais CST
- Bangkok students strike against climate change
- Cyclone set to hit Mozambique hard tonight, dozens already killed
- Captain Marvel Arrives To Level The Avengers: End Game Playing Field
- Can the Stock Market Keep Rallying? These Two Indexes Say It Can
- OPEC cuts oil production in February despite pressure from Trump
- Teenage climate activist nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Dolphins emerging to fight Teddy Bridgewater away from Saints
- Garuda reconsiders order of 49 MAX airplanes from Boeing