Below we take a look at how each of the aforementioned quadruple have fared at the quarter-final stage in the Champions League era (1992/93 onwards). However, Tottenham were outclassed by Real Madrid at the Bernabeu (4-0) in the first-leg of the quarter-finals, then lost 1-0 back in London.
This is the first time England has had four teams in the quarter-finals since Liverpool and United were joined by Arsenal and Chelsea in the 2008-09 campaign.
United, like City, were initially drawn away in the first leg, but their tie was reversed due to UEFA regulations which prevent two teams from the same city playing at home in the last eight. Spurs, Barcelona, Liverpool and Manchester City registered relatively easier wins than the aforementioned teams.
Barça players agree unanimously about the teams they hope to avoid in the next round - Manchester City and Juventus.
However, as with the quarterfinal draw, legs for United's tie would be switched if both Manchester clubs go through.
"I would do Ajax versus Porto, as that would mean one of them reach the semi-finals".
Former Blaugrana coach Pep Guardiola's team are one of the favourites to win the title and Manchester City have the quality between the four lines, as well as on the bench, to reach the Estadio Wanda Metropolitano final.
They are doing so, so well during the competition that I think it would be awesome for one of them. Barcelona against Juventus in a possible final or semi-final.
Barcelona have faced the Champions League runners-up three times in the past in knockout stages and were eliminated on every occasion, twice in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup in 1976 and 2001 and once in the 2006/07 Champions League campaign.
"Two great teams, who haven't been successful in the Champions League in the last few years".
- Singapore tops in Asia for quality of living, personal safety: Mercer poll
- Lori Loughlin: 'Full House' Fans Bust out Aunt Becky Memes After Indictment
- Captain Marvel Arrives To Level The Avengers: End Game Playing Field
- UEFA Champions League quarter final draw and fixtures leaked
- Facebook says Chief Product Officer Chris Cox is leaving | Tech
- Multiple fatalities, one person in custody after two New Zealand mosque shootings
- Senate votes to end USA support of Saudi-led Yemen war
- 2 rockets fired on Israel, Gaza braces for reprisal
- MLB announces rule changes involving pitcher usage, roster limits, inning breaks
- Can the Stock Market Keep Rallying? These Two Indexes Say It Can