Taking to Twitter, he said: "Entire team got saved from active shooters!"
"They were on the bus, which was just pulling up to the mosque when the shooting begun", Mario Villavarayen, strength and conditioning coach of the Bangladesh cricket team, told Reuters in a message.
The Bangladesh cricket team escaped the Christchurch Mosque where a shooting incident took place on Friday afternoon.
Local media reported up six people were dead and the South Island city was placed in lockdown as police hunted for an "active shooter".
According to Nine News, several hundred people are believed to have been inside the Masjid Al Noor mosque at the time of the shooting and Canterbury Police have confirmed that they are responding to the "critical incident".
New Zealand Police have stormed the area and are urging anyone in the area to stay indoors.
An eyewitness inside the mosque says he heard shots fired and says at four people were lying on the ground and "there was blood everywhere".
ESPN cricket reporter Mohammad Isam tweeted that a team from Bangladesh "escaped from a mosque near Hagley Park where there were active shooters".Читайте также: Google employee breaks the world record for calculating the value of pi
Christchurch hospital and all of the city's schools have been placed on lockdown.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern described the incident as an "unprecedented act of violence".
Radio Sport commentator Bryan Waddle, who is at the Hagley Oval, very close to the Al Noor mosque, is reporting that staff at the stadium have told them to remain where they are after "a new incident".
According to reports, the squad, along with the traveling media personnel attended the Friday prayers at the mosque, which is near the Hagley Oval Stadium where the match is set to be played.
One man said the scene at the mosque was chaotic.
"Frightening experience and please keep us in your prayers".
The New Zealand Police subsequently issued another update saying that they were dealing with a "serious and evolving situation" that was occurring in Christchurch.
Police also advised mosques across the country to "shut their doors, and advise that people refrain from visiting these premises until further notice".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Facebook says it’s resolved outage issues and denies attack
- Kingston residents, students react to cellphone ban in Ontario schools
- Maradona: Juventus star Ronaldo an animal and sorcerer
- Can the Stock Market Keep Rallying? These Two Indexes Say It Can
- These Are the Highlights From the Final 'Avengers: Endgame' Trailer
- Tucker Carlson Continues to Have a Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Week
- Real Madrid agree deal for defender Eder Militao from Porto
- Frank Lampard urges Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Teenage climate activist nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Pi Day 2019: All the Food Deals We've Found So Far